OT: Tonights Music - what are you playing?

You’re older than I am. Throughout most of 1985 I was 3, I have no idea what was huge. I’m talking about albums I appreciate as an adult.

I understand those other songs were hits, I like the whole albums but I’m picking out my personal favorites.

I almost included Depeche Mode’s Violator but technically 1990.

The only good thing about 80’s music was that the 90’s came after to correct things.

If by “correct things” you mean get all edgy then yes absolutely. That’s what I’d mean by it too. And Violator is a good representative in that department.

Omg just realized this was 1989

1 Like

Don’t get sad, EMBRACE IT

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Excellent choice, my friend!

I recently had a major PO go through, been traveling the last week and kinda screwing around in prep and celebration. Starting Monday I am going to be tied up for months. I usually don’t post whlle working major contracts so this may very well be the last post from me for 4 - 6 months. I wish ya’ll great fortunes!

3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

Post-Grunge:

https://youtu.be/trinU3VD1Zo?si=T-JFhgmu12Mtph5e

2 Likes

K-pop:

Flower by Jisoo:

https://youtu.be/YudHcBIxlYw?si=eVX5dyFwWxTDAe6m

1 Like

Ok. I just gave myself the weekend off. Tryin to figure out how to start tonight. Just looked at a very long playlist. Elvis was up there.

but this song… old but …

the single most haunting song I have ever heard. Perfect.

3 Likes

This was only months before he died.
At least he still had his voice until the end.

2 Likes

My man. I bow to you. I have seen this a hundred times. This was in fact the vid I was planning on playing. When one has music in their soul this song just hits hard.

He had so many great songs.

Here is another one I have listened to driving. When I drive to places (I travel a lot) this is one of my must listen to road songs…

2 Likes

Hold on Loosely by .38 Special. One of my favorite songs, and best one hit wonder for sure.

2 Likes

38 Special had a couple good songs that got heavy rock radio station play during the 80s.
This one always seemed to be on several times a day. A cruise in the car song.

2 Likes

Had no idea. I was barely alive by the 90s. I’ll check it out. Doubt it compares to Hold On Loosely, thought.