Opps all scam is not a healthy battlegrounds meta

the new portals or galaxies or whatever you want to call them are really cool and interesting and add a lot to battlegrounds. HOWEVER you really messed up the balance. i just took 42 damage after killing every minion on my opponents board twice because of reoccurring nightmare refilling their board. It’s the same long issue for months where i question the logic in summons dealing point damage, punishing you for killing your opponents stuff feels unintuitive, I could take 2 damage and play nothing on turn one against a mana saber or i can play a unit and take 3, it all snowballs too. I want the game to be fun but the excess of RNG is what drove me out of regular hearthstone (that and the abysmal FTP rewards) the game should first and foremost be fun, but it’s not when you’re cheesed out every game.

1 Like

its just a game,relax

2 Likes

is that all your 3000+ posts? people bringing legitimate criticism and being innately dismissive of it?

3 Likes

you are complaining about things that dont matter, its just a game, relax, none of this matters

Someone brings a valid concern and your reaction is to troll and gaslight them like they have the problem?

Seriously, maybe you should just scroll past if you are just going to troll them.

There are so many problematic things in this update.

Anomalies is just excess rng, for real. It has ruined the mode.

4 Likes

I don’t always agree with NeonGhost, but when I do, it looks like this.

3 Likes

you can agree with nothing all you want, and nothing it shall remain

By participating in the forum you are implying that you believe there are aspects of the game that matter enough to be worth discussing. Therefore when you say none of this matters, you are clearly trolling.

3 Likes

I really want to see them implement a replay system in BG’s. I would love to see how some of these players are playing out their turns so i can point out where they went wrong. My suspicion is that it’s at hero selection and snowballs from there.

1 Like

Anamolies???

I don’t mind this kind of interaction, but I do think the respawns should be a T1 minion to prevent such a scenario. They can keep the same everything else Tribe/DR etc., but no token should be 7 stars.

BGs isn’t for you then

As I cant seem to ever get anything but tier 7 exists and the darkmoon faire anomalies … I seriously have quit 10 matches today right away because thats all it would give me. What is the Recurring Nightmare anomaly?

yes Anomolies I think dogdog referred to them as galaxies in a video.
i didn’t read the patch notes the point remains.
I think there’s multiple solutions to the issues such as making all summons in combat a t1 minion or having them deal 0 damage.
BGs are for me, the issue is the excess of it all that’s what drove me away from hearthstone decks. I accept there will be some RNG aspects in Auto chest and a draft environment that’s obvious, but there’s a difference between having aspects of RNG and allowing it to control most aspects of the game. This patch feels like the latter, from hero selection, the Anomalies, and your opponents turn 1, LK getting Mana sabers so you take 4 damage turn one that’s half some heroes starting armor.

Some people are fixating on player error, and while the meta is fresh most of my games are top 4+s and don’t really solve the issues brought up. I’m not saying i play perfectly gods know that’s not the case no body does even at the highest end but that doesn’t solve the issue.

The last game i played i was fighting an Illidan for 1st who had a golden Mama bear reborn, and 2 papa bears reborn, thankfully I had a bigger board, but if at any point that wasn’t the case and the last minion i killed was a reborn papa suddenly I’m taking 21 from an empty board, if they ever found a banana slamma I probably wouldn’t have won.
It’s clear there’s some very problematic cards in the pool currently that just build scam comps, such as Champion of the Primus, the reworked Reborn Rattler or Banana Slamma, Reoccurring Nightmare, Basegill to a point. I think there has been some very degenerate loops you can do in BGs and most of them have attention brought to them and are fixed, or there’s cards that offer better counter play. Zap for a while worked but not so much these days, Whitemane was a great answer to a lot of things that kept people on their toes but was removed. I think a big part of the solution would be seeing her again or something similar that allows you to get to the backline rather than attempt to punch through a taunted up army.

1 Like

It’s not an anomaly, it is the tier 7 minion that gives another undead the deathrattle to summon another Recurring Nightmare. Basically undead’s version of frog hopper.

To the OP. Yeah, in battle summons should only deal one damage. People have been calling for that for some time.

in a continuation of this madness, i just took 47 in one turn full health because i killed a golden basegill and they summoned a bunch of t7s.

1 Like

But this is fun, right? Why do you hate fun?

Are you not entertained?

/s

What an absolute clown fiesta around a dumpsterfire.

added bonus to fighting the scam builds… why does you’re opponent eating the clock take away time in your buy phase? like really?

Absolutely hate the new bg. most of all the “only 1,2,3,4” or only type/hero. I’d much rather have treasures thingy back. I think they intended it to be more strategy based, but it feels like it lost it all for “I hope i get the best combo in this limited pool”

1 Like

47 damage ? which t7 was ? because bassgill shouldnt been able to fill the board unless the anomaly did it

then your response also does not matter ? so relax and go outside or something instead ?

Do you expect us to believe that you had taken ZERO damage the entire lobby? You just said he summoned a bunch of tier 7’s. In order to do that the game had to last at minimum 12 rounds. So if you made it 13 rounds without taking damage and you got one rounded you either got stupid lucky getting that far or this is just an exaggeration.

Realistically that game was probably on round 16 or 17 and he one rounded you because of a superior build. You also weren’t at full health.

They want us to believe that they played a lobby taking no damage and just randomly ran into a player with a Golden Bassgill and a Baron on board with 4 tier 7’s sitting in hand on top of a full board of minions scaled to get to that point. I find that impossible to beleive.