Only One Solution For Quests

Hearthstone is so deep in this mess. They have no way of fixing those dominant quests.
Either you make them unplayable, with almost impossible conditions to be completed or you just Hall Of Fame them.
There is no other solution, the best way is to admit their mistakes and hall of fame those quests.

15 Likes

The quests have so terrible design even Wild can’t handle them, they need to be erradicated instead HoFed.

22 Likes

Yup.

Either they make the rewards substantially worse or the requirements substantially higher.

Ive just started conceding when someone plays a quest. Im gonna lose the star regardless, may as well save 10 minutes of my day (if the match even lasts that long)

10 Likes

I play ranked wild primarily, and yes I am surprised if I not matched against another who is also playing a quest deck. If have thought about what are some ways to slow down or counter quests and really it’s hard to give and answer that would cover all classes.
I thought about the introduction of a neutral card that would maybe delay a quest player for a turn or maybe only matching up a quest deck against another quest deck.
I don’t know if removing quests from the game would be the best choice because some of these quests are more balanced than others and effort and using most of your deck to get to complete.
There is one quest in particular right now that should be adjusted to slow down or change because it is very problematic currently.

1 Like

I would say the main issue are not quests themselves, but the draw/resource generation, that allows to turbo through them and keep playing. If Warlock did not have 3 mana draw 3, take 3 damage (or 4 mana 5/5rush draw 3), it would be much easier to play against it. Similarly mage with 0-2 mana draw 4, OTK rogue drawing through deck by turn 7.

You can nerf quests, so they have to play differently, but if you limit resource generation/draw, it will solve many problems.

If you change the warlock quest to 7/8/9 and take away healing from first 2 - this would slow down giants (no proc from quest, higher chance of dying).

Similarly if you add minion to each questline for mage, it slows down by quite a bit and force them to not run just pure damage and some removals.

2 Likes

They all need to be redesigned to work more similar to warrior. Slow, powerful but not instantly game ending.

And remove fatigue damage from Tamsin. Free selfdamage reflection from the rest of their crap is good enough already.

8 Likes

wow OP lost to every single quest out there ( he doesnt say which one he is complaining about )

There is a 3rd option: accept that quests are archetypes and you may face them.

They are strong, but they can be fixed without hall of faming them.

slow? not instantly game winning?
As soon as warrior completes the quest, you have to win as soon as possible or you are dead :joy: great design :ok_hand:
In a certain way, warlock quest already works like warrior quest; it is probably even slower!

Warrior isnt game winning in the way mage and lock and kind of shaman is. Its more of a value kind of reward. Whereas lock/mage is more like heres my 5 mana 7/7, youre dead in max 2 turns.

Also warriors complete alot slower.

3 Likes

The game is so stale with these quests.

Its the exact same every game.

Just this morning ive faced 4 mages who;
Turn 1 - play quest
Turn 2 - coin out incanters flow

I just instant concede at this point. Theyve immediately won the game. They have Discounted 25 mana across their entire deck. Made their quest way easier to complete. They’ll be done by turn 5 and ill be dead by turn 7-8 because of the absurd +spell damage.

TOO MUCH CARD DRAW, refreshing spring water is 1 mana draw 2 at its worst lol, cram session becomes draw 4 after quest completion. Its absurd. Theres no downside to playing these cards in your deck. upsides all round. Backfire, 3 mana draw 3, the 3 damage is negligible because warlock has so much healing. Where is the downside to playing these cards??? There are none. Its free value for no effort

TOO MUCH MANA CHEAT. Incanters flow is still absurdly broken. It cheats mana across the entire deck. 20-25 mana discounts. Like discussed spring water. 1 mana draw 2. Remember arcane intellect? 3 mana for the exact same effect. Runed mithril rod, its thaurissan for 3 mana less cant be killed unless they run weapon removal and can proc multiple times a game. Remember when druid was the mana cheat/ramp class? Now everyone has it.

STOP PRINTING MANA CHEAT CARDS.
STOP PRINTING CHEAP CARD DRAW.
ALL IT DOES IS SIMPLIFY THE GAME WHERE DECISIONS NO LONGER MATTER. ITS JUST THROW OUT CHEAP MANA CHEATED CARDS AND REFILL YOUR ENTIRE HAND FOR 1-2 MANA

4 Likes

Fire Team 5, refund and delete this expansion, sue iksar and the devs for the reimbursement costs to the players. Easy fix for the state of the meta. I quit Hearthstone last month and check once a week for balance updates or a termination notice of Team 5, I crafted every card from every expansion and am by no means a F2P player, but when something is broken beyond repair you have to walk away.

2 Likes

The only solution for quest is to fix the root cause.

“Fix Hearthstone Developers”

2 Likes

Hall of fame my bottom, they’re a freaking poison in wild. Almost a decade of cards can’t even come close to competing with the questlines. They need to be mega nerfed or a card needs to be released that destroys quest, like a 1/1 epic or legendary for 1 mana that destroys quests and it starts in your hand.

6 Likes

in standard it’s a bit slow, sure, but once a warrior finishes, you realistically only have about two turns left before you are dead (depending on your health, it may be sooner). Sure, they can low roll the weapon and the pirate and maybe you eek out a victory - but the warrior rewards are VERY strong. The problem is that standard doesn’t offer a solid enough pirate package for it to reasonably compete with the other quests. In wild, it’s just fine.

2 Likes

RSW falls into both of your categories which is why it’s still stupid broken. Having only spells in your deck as a mage isn’t a restriction which is what they seemed to think in their ignorant minds when they made several of the “spell only” cards.

1 Like

It is a restriction, but the minions they offer mage are such garbage that it’s worth taking the inconsistency of a no-minion package. Quest mage and no minion don’t even run the “discover 3 minions for 1 mana” card anymore because the minion pool is so bad that it’s not worth the hand space.

1 Like

They seem happy with the quests have you all not read the many takes they have about the meta …
They will keep nerfing cards around the quests they arent going away you cant forget about the dust.

Next expansion will bring a counter to the quests my guess is hero cards buy those packs and watch the many posts in this forums again “worst meta ever” .

Standard spell mage has 10 or more minions while still being spell mage. It isn’t. Even if it didn’t the other spells provided give far more than something like spell hunter had.

But standard spell mage is dreadful, not even tier 4. The mage minion pool is a mess. They started to give it some elementals and then gave up and beefed up Shaman. They sort of started some type of freeze mage package and then gave up on that too. IMO, the only solid minion that mage has in standard for the early/mid-game is Firebrand because it has spider tank stats and gains board tempo and is not just another discover/random generation card.

If you can’t win with spell mage in standard the problem is you.

1 Like