Only One Solution For Quests

I don’t play it, but its stats don’t lie. Thanks for you condescending and unhelpful reply. GLHF.

2 Likes

They don’t considering just like in WoW that “stats” shape the meta which in turn shapes the stats due to perception. But hey call any criticism “condescending” when you’re the one taking that tone more.

They could make Mercenary a minion/spell type. Then release overpowered stuff that only works with no Mercenaries in the starting deck, like maybe dragon Kazakus and a new Onyxia.

They could also put a time traveler in at a mana cost of five. It could have “Battlecry: All quests and side quests on the board are destroyed and then recast.”

They’re called QUESTLINES. NOT QUESTS OR SIDEQUESTS!

I think they’re awesome! I’m at Gold 5! The highest I’ve ever been! Beating players who don’t know how to play! With explosions!

Honestly just seeing questlines played for the side rewards honestly is kinda a nice pace, but the endgame rewards of deleting fatigue are just too much and just every game hyper revolves around completing them, or using them as 1 mana heal 6, deal 6. Handlock sure doesn’t rush to rarely complete it’s quest. But if you try playing a removal shell of quest shaman with torrent you see it’s incredibly obvious that they can just tap to complete the quest by like turn 10 off TAPS ALONE without including a single self damage card and just stuff like that 1 mana 1/1 that makes hero power zero and dropping a flood of 1 mana giants.

In other words… the warlock quest is a quest you can complete just off taps without any synergy cards while outputting respectable tempo.

It’s not as much a star but just consider. 1 mana deal 6, heal 6, discount giants 2, add a 5 mana 7/7 to hand, win fatigue is so good to just be included for the deal 6 heal 6, discount giants 2 part alone. A lot of warlock decks will include it for just that, which in further turn also means if they ever hit fatigue, it’ll also progress quest and make them win. This effectively might rarely be reached, but it also indirectly means warlocks can no longer worry about their hero power and draw reaching fatigue and making them lose.

Allowing them to play 2 cards a turn without worry of dying or using the 4 mana 5 damage clear. If any deck even does manage to reach that point. (And lets face it, it’s already difficult as is with 10x copies of 1 mana 8/8s, 8/6s, 6/6s, 5/4s, and 3 mana 3/3 deal 6 lifesteals, and add 2-4x more copies of whatever died to hand when the answers usually cost 4 mana and the warlock pays 1), you’ll quickly find out that in any deck that can get to a warlocks turn 12-15 fatigue. (So far, only reached on quest shaman removal variants with torrents or lucky discovers, struggling with even godlike rng on brukan due to instantly going 28 to 2 hp during any giant left alive after 5 turns of clears and 5 turns of taps and raise dead throttling), you almost instantly die if you ever leave a turn alone.

And then take 20-25+ damage the instant they reach fatigue off any tamsin backfire tap while having spent the last few rounds drawing 2 cards a turn.

It’s so much value, but honestly if questlines are ever done in the future, the side rewards are nice, but the endgame shouldn’t win the game. Just stuff like questlines treated as side quests for small values like the 3 overload clear crystals, 3/3 are nice small bonuses. They could turn it into build choices and reward game enders and just do small bonuses you could build a deck around. Hell, maybe never have a finisher but just questlines with 4 bite sized parts of little rewards in a slower more balanced meta that just gave little things honestly.

It’s just the quest rewards breaking the game like Tamsin that’s the problem or instantly winning any hypothetical slower meta like quest priest who rarely wins against fast decks. But man, is seeing a 8/13 watch tower with the ellek buff followed by a xyrella into that one spellburst cast a card to instawin a little strange feeling.

Like the card’s not even good, but quest shaman is just like 1-2 turns faster than it usually, but if you get stalled it feels anticlimatic to lose to.

Lower power level, trickle rewards, less gamebreaking questlines aren’t a bad idea, just making them auto includes that instawin the game and end it turn 6+ or are so good you can put them in a deck without any triggers is just the nuts part. Warlock is balanced around it rn, but…

Isn’t it a red flag, even when the tamsin otk decks are gone, it still gets auto ran even in decks without self damage synergy, just since handlocks warlocks can tap to completion by turn 10 dumping 1 mana giants even without putting any self damage cards in?

Lol doesn’t help that control is essentially dead and out of hand/over the top damage is viable. You either out aggro them play mage warlock/quest druid. See here’s the thing we are forgetting next expansion the mercenaries {quest rewards}are going to be a full power. {Just going off the themes this year and expecting a horde versus alliance expansion at the end of the year.} Either the devs will learn or Hearthstone will lose players.

I don’t understand this attitude. The Quests are not difficult to play against. I have won against all of them. I actually think they’re weak.

Let me guess, you play the warriordeck with watch posts + robes that is equally stupid? :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure you can win with spell mage, as long as you face only hand lock or shaman. It’s a terrible deck against post Warrior, Weapon rogue, Hunter, Secret paladin and Shadow priest. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tbh just had a game as shaman vs Warlock and it was fun. He took me down from 30 to 5HP by tamsin + draws (fire+tap).

I had 2 cards in hand (dungeoneer+notetaker) - drew bloom, by dung I got guidance, double guidance into 30 damage face. But to be honest if I did not have absolutelly perfect draw (only 1 copy of guidance out of 15 cards) I would lose the game.

They tried to do quests this expansion and failed miserably. Just delete them because there’s nothing that can be salvaged from them - they are bad for the health of the game, unfun to play with or against and they will eventually get you team pepega folks fired or the game heart of the storm’d by the time they rotate.

3 Likes

Wrong guess.

I play hand buff Paladin.

Learning how to play the game instead of relying on netdecks is the only real solution.

I wonder how much thought went into the idea of putting quests into the game.
Was the overall impact they would have on the game studied for long and short term?
Are the cards studied through many hours of game play or just done on simulation matches?

2 Likes

If they designed questlines like these (Warlock, Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Mage (with Ignite)) you could clearly see what they were thinking about. Kill control, leave only aggro and combo as viable archetypes and games will last 5 minutes max. Most people who don’t pay for the game love it (usually new (up to 1 year experience in game) F2P players are aggro cause they don’t have resources to craft anything else so they like fast games). In long term it means death of Hearthstone as CCG. Players who pay for card game will stop cause there is no point to buy cards anymore (you can’t play most of the cards you own). Sad but true. ‘The end is coming’ as Doomsayer said.

2 Likes

Ah right, so hand buff paladin with watch posts which is also broken. Got it!

Considering that they left warlock quest in the game they probably didn’t do any testing what so ever.

3 Likes

I’m confused. HS Replay for Diamond through Legend doesn’t have a single quest deck in tier 1. The decks people are on here complaining about the most are barely over 50% win rate. Just looking at the numbers, looks like there are a ton of viable decks right now. Why all the crying about quests? If it is all you are facing, there are decks to counter.

People play, whatever wins. Remember the shadow weapon rogue? It was 40+% of the games before nerf to poison. If deck is dirt cheap and wins a lot, people will play it.

Minority of people will not really touch aggro (including me), because it is boring for them. I played pure paladin for 10-20 games and got bored. Now handbuff for 10 games and lost interest. I never made face hunter deck, because i dont find it fun.

lets start with the most hated Warlock:
t1 requirement: use your heropower 3 times.
t1 reward: set your fatigue dmg to 0 this game.
t2requrement: take 7 dmg from your cards/effects.
t2 reward: upgrade your heropower and set its cost to 1.
t3 requirement unchanged
t3 reward unchanged.

after warlock gets hit odd hunter will be the biggest offender along with mage so lets fix those 2.
Hunter
t1 requirement: kill a minion with a spell.
t2 requirement: spend 6 mana on cards.
t2 reward: your heropower costs 0 this game - you can change heropower and it will still be 0 mana.
t3: requirement cast 3 spells in a turn.

Mage
t1 reward master spells of 1 class.
t2 reward master spells of 1 class.
dawngrasp : master spells of all classes
mastery:
arcane costs 1 less and spell dmg +1
fire: after you cast a fire spell deal 1 dmg to all enemies.
frost. after you cast a frost spell gain 2 armor.
other spells: costs 1 less.
if you trigger dawngrasp battlecry more than once mastery will stack.

• new card 1 mana frost spell - cold snap freeze 1 random enemy. shuffle this into your deck with +1 target.

warrior needs more of a shift in power -
t2 reward your pirates have rush
t3 req: play 3 pirates.
and either remove tentacle for arms from the pool - this is also in duels not just wild
or make tentacles for arms - 5 mana 2/2 after your hero attacks deal 2 dmg to all other enemies.

i do enjoy the new shaman questline since it allowed me to play the class lot differently - i did not have reason not to put shudderwock into my deck.