Only Meta Decks Welcomed

Do you guys ever play homebrew decks in standard? I’m starting to think that hearthstone base of players only want to download and play decks other people have created. I can’t see how that’s fun.

Whats worst is that when you beat or lose to a specific deck, you get a chance to play against that same deck the next 2 games. :upside_down_face:

It would be nice if the devs could have a deck rating that shows you’re playing against homebrew or meta deck at the beginning or end of game.

2 Likes

Yes, that is my biggest problem too… in the old days I could create own decks which were working better then meta… but now… I feel it impossible to play with anything else but meta… no creativity at all… boring… thats why I will quit too… The developers create more and more brainless cards… I had enough… lost enough hard earned bonus stars to leave… this game is not fun anymore for real players…

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t want people to play creative homebrews.

1 Like

How do you know they didn’t arrive at the same conclusions through their own process?

You’re making a giant assumption that everyone that beats you copied their deck.

Right, you’re one of those special ones who doesn’t like winning games unless you do in the most obtuse fashion you can imagine. That’s fine, but don’t complain when it fails because it’s a 100% the decks you build are bad problem.

Translation: Before my opponents learned to play good, I won more.

And yet you still lose with them… clearly this is a development problem.

This is false. Warrior and priest for years are the proof. They don’t make those classes enough control cards, and here you guys fiddle endlessly with your list trying to stuff square pegs into round holes and complaining about all the people who can recognize a circle to place the pegs proper.

The problem is people who expect to be able to slap together any cards they think are cool and that the resulting trash heap will win games. The fundamental assumption is that it’s not fair that your opponent is trying to win the game in a competitive ladder game, and that’s dumb on your part.

I have a bunch of stupid decks I make up. I play them in wild where I rarely if ever win. I see lots of other stupid decks that are sometimes more and often less stupid than the deck I play. I have no expectation of being able to homebrew a deck to legend because I don’t build decks that well… which is the whole reason I fart around with them in wild.

Rather than cursing your opponents, the devs, or anyone outside of yourself, make better decks and solve your own problems. You’re just to proud of your own poops.

This fanbase is brain dead. If Blizz printed a 0 mana card “win the game”, 99.9% of players would run it.

They dont care about fun or being proud of their wins.

They would punch a toddler in the teeth if it meant winning a reward-less boxing match.

4 Likes

You really shouldn’t insult yourself like that.

1 Like

I like to take an idea and tweek it a bit. I’ve been trying to make Rainbow DK work, but I know frost would be better in every situation.

I do get a little dopamine spike when I beat a new deck with my own creations though.

1 Like

Please, I’m way above all of you. I stopped seeing myself as a hearthstone player after I realised I’m the only one not following a decklist. I do not even consider worms who so shamelessly suck up to other people’s proven decks human. Being human recquires a certain level of pride, which they cant possibly have when other men are giving them their wins on a platter with their better decks. The wins are not their own.

Just like a pizza cutter. All that edge and no point.

2 Likes

Did you not understand my point about pride? Taking satisfaction in winning with your own hard work, wits and deck building intelligence? All things that net deckers cannot understand since they steal it from other people.

I guess I shouldnt expect someone like you to understand, you netdeck even your punchlines

1 Like

‘Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.’

This has been an entertaining thread Lol

Especially you, @Lazarus. You’re a riot.

Homebrew decks are up to the user, same goes for their use. If you want to roll the dice and see if you can take on the META, that’s up to you. If you lose, that’s on you and your deck, and if the META is too strong for the deck or you can’t seem to figure out what said deck needs to shine, then I guess your sol.

We use the term “META” to define what will give a player the best success for progression, which in this case is the competitive ladder. If you bring a non-meta deck and have incredible success and others notice, your deck will become a part of the meta. Get it?

Nobody is better or worse for choosing to perform well by using a deck that’s been labeled as one of the best make progress, nor is anyone as such because they don’t use one. Just play the game you want.

The game I want consists of fighting a lot of different decks with diverse strategies, not rolling 9 dk in a row.

You netdeckers ruined my game so no I’m not going to let it go

Dangerously out of touch with reality.

One reason why Starcraft 2 will always be superior to Hearthstone. In Starcraft 2 you can play whatever you want.

Since Hearthstone is limited by the luck of the draw(“Heart of the cards”) you will always be limited in what you can play.

I do not understand the disdain people on this forum have for doing research and making effective choices. If there are only a few winning choices, that’s not a fault of the player base, it’s a fault of the devs.

sorry but do you really think there is a slight possibility that blizzard will leave in your hands the possibility to create an unexpected good deck and win? Every single card created by blizzard is structured to obtain highly anticipated decks from the same blizzard, and all with different legendary cards that will push you to spend spend spend, your enjoyment is not really important but the push to spend comes first

Someone also created meta decks so they were homebrew at the beginning. Then others refine them and they become meta.

People want to win and they will copy best decks they see. This can’t be prevented.

And you’re welcome to that opinion. Enjoy your negative vibes, I guess. -shrug-