Official Blizzard statements on upcoming June 3rd changes

Dylan Bates from Blizzard answers some questions regarding things like dust refund policy on card buffs etc. regarding the Rise of The Mechs event/update coming June 3rd.

I derped and forgot to check the Community forum. Here’s the local link:

7 Likes

Thanks for the link mate, good read.

1 Like

Wasn’t this already on the forums?

1 Like

Their response to the questions about the buffs? I hadn’t seen them. Can you link it to me?

1 Like

Probably buried in the cess pit community discussion.

never heard of that site before

why didnt you link to the thread on this forum ?

Because honestly, the Community forums are such a cesspit that I rarely even check them lol.

Out of Cards is Fluxflashor’s new website since Hearthpwn is being closed.

3 Likes

I cringed at how they note that “player perception” is a factor in nerfs. So many players on here alone have no clue whats actually overpowered. :sob:

1 Like

Nerf all cards, delete all games and cancel reality.

Existence is OP :yum:

1 Like

Yes and no. Player perception does need to be considered, I mean two of the most “broken” decks in the games history (GPW & QR twice!) were statistically fine. If they were relying on data alone, those decks would have been haunting us for far longer than they should have, some would argue they did.

I’m more irritated that “player perception” only seems to apply to standard than it being a consideration for nerfs.

3 Likes

Patron Warrior and Quest Rogue were both decks that underperformed by casual players, Tempo Rogue was always shown with incorrect techs and outdated, suboptimal deck lists, driving its win rate down.

That’s why HSREPLAY and the nonexistent analysis they have is often “garbage in, garbage out”, and why those decks were not at the top of the tier list for HSREPLAY.

VS, for example, only had other nerfed decks in Witchwood higher than QR in the Tier list right before the nerf.

1 Like

Citation required. Show me the VS reports that only have other nerfed decks above QR in terms of win rate.

Go to the #91 Data reaper report if you want to see the data professor. It wont let me link it.

Quest rogue wasn’t nerfed for its high winrate, it was nerfed because it had extremely polarized match-ups… which was very unfun. This is reflected in the VS data, and was confirmed by blizzard. This isn’t “Player perception” it’s a verifiable statistical anomaly with the deck.

HSreplay data is basically useless for determining balance changes. The reason being is how they collect the data. (I’m not the best person to explain how this works)

It’s been mentioned by blizzard employees that the VS data is extremely similar to their internal data, which is supported by the fact that the VS data can easily predict nerfs, like it just did with the lackey rogue nerfs.

2 Likes

No problem.

#91. Last one before the nerfs. Every single week Quest Rogue gained and gained in its win rate closing the gap (looking at previous weeks). Which is what you expect from a combo deck that’s difficult to pilot.

Furthermore you can see it crushed Druids and that it’s nerf is part of what allowed the Combo Druids to take over the post nerf meta.

So, unfun you say?!? Sounds like community feedback to me. Also known as player perception.

2 Likes

VS was superb with RoS Rogue. They predicted Rogue as the top class, and 2 of their 3 decks were very popular, their Burrito decklist was exactly what Lackey Rogue started of as.

Curiously enough, the highest win rate post nerf Rogue deck in HSREPLAY is their 3rd deck, Burger Hooktusk, with 2 card changes.

1 Like

Thats just my opinion… they shouldn’t make balance changes off my opinion. You are purposefully being ignorant at this point, so I don’t think there’s anything more to discuss.

2 Likes

No, im not being purposefully ignorant. I am simply stating that player perception is, as it should be, considered in regards to nerfs.

Should PP have a lower priority? Absolutely!

But it cant be ignored either as you imply you want.

No, there is nothing more to discuss on the topic. Player perception absolutely MUST be considered regarding balance. Otherwise the game dies - fact!

4 Likes

Ok fact guy. Time for your citation then. Name one deck ever(and back it up) that has been nerfed purely on player perception. Hint: Quest rogue and Patron warrior arnt one of them.

2 Likes

I never said that, stop putting words in my mouth. I said PP has to be considered! and it does, otherwise the t3 decks, according to data, drive players away from the game.

Give me a singular good reason PP should not be accounted for when it comes to balance, even IF at a lower priority?

Thats the point I am trying to make, smart guy, and I will guarantee you dont have a GOOD reason PP should be ignored.

2 Likes