Odyn nerf killed my deck

I went from having a decent win rate of around 49 ish % win rate to basically dying every time I fight someone when they changed the mana of odyn from 8 to 9 :frowning: I guess I either stop playing or burn the whole deck and start with something else. I donā€™t get why they made the card useless because that extra mana cost kills the card completely.

1 Like

Ummā€¦thatā€™s decent?

Trust me bro, the nerf did you a favor, let that deck goā€¦ xD

There are plenty other, easier decks to play, I suggest you try them, maybe you even hit 51%

1 Like

Wait. Odyn was nerfed!? He has been a huge buff for Odd Warrior

A single extra mana isnā€™t a big deal. You donā€™t play odyn for the minion.

2 Likes

EvenWarrior is dead in Wild :ok_hand: but is Odd now :smile:

2 Likes

Right, if they actually nerfed it it would be 10 mana or the effect would be changed. All they did was shuffle the problem from Even to Odd lol

1 Like

Nerfs happens, things change, always been that way , always will be that way.

2 Likes

This is the stupidest thing Iā€™ve ever read. You act like you ALWAYS had Odyn at 8 mana every game. I have Odyn in my deck and win just as much as before. Youā€™re just bad.

1 Like

Odyn nerf killed my deck

Good riddanceā€¦

1 Like

Pshaw! How can you even consider it a nerf for Odyn to cost 1 mana more, while retaining its ridiculous effects.

2 Likes

My self-diagnosed OCD is triggering looking at Odyn now.

2 Likes

8 mana allows for some sinergies you canā€™t do with 9.

Try playing odyn before giving terrible advice.

2 Likes

You should have seen him with a badly-photoshoped moustache on xDD

1 Like

Iā€™ve played the deck. The best it does is slow down the OTK by a single turn.

1 Like

Which means losing against hunters, death knights, rogues, druids, warlocks, and, especially, demon hunters.

But hey, itā€™s just ā€œthe best it doesā€.

1 Like

odyn is dead. dust it.
and yeah, blizz canā€™t balance. they either make broken stuff or gut it completely

1 Like

For everyone that is saying it isnā€™t a nerfā€¦ Ofc it is a nerf, same as changing cost from 8 to 7 would be a boostā€¦ It might be that OP exaggerated the size / impact of the nerf, but it stil is a nerfā€¦

For me this nerf was the nail in the coffin for this deck for meā€¦ Since i play Standard, this nerf combined with From the Depths rotating out of standard means deck cant beat fast decks at all.

Sure u dont allways get Odyn out in round 8, but u seldom get to profit from hym until 1-2 rounds after he is castā€¦

Getting the bread and butter of this deck slowed with one round is hitting the win rate really hardā€¦

Beating DK plague decks was allready hard (Basically only beat em if i pulled with From the Dephs earlyā€¦). Iā€™ve not beat a single plague deck since From the Depths was out of standardā€¦ By round 9-10 u are only mostly chain drawing plagues until u die.

Most speed creature decks will allmost 100% beat Odyn now.

Odd part is that is was nerfed at all, since its not neededā€¦ the speed of some of Whizbang combos was in them self indirect nerfs to Odyn decks.

Had so many deaths in round 8-10 to chain-reactions, feel we could get to have that too sometimes.

2 Likes

Thats why people run thogrunn rather than odyn now.

1 Like

This was the biggest buff/nerf Iā€™ve ever seen in a card. What other card gets ā€œnerfedā€ but the mana/body was never important and now it just gets used in Odd warrior which is even worse (degenerate) aka better than Even warrior

1 Like

I dont think odd warrior made the cut, its slower and badā€¦

1 Like