Note 10 / S10e / Pixel 3 XL - Full screen issue (Notch) + game crash

Thanks, Lanc! Our team is aware of the issue and that it’s been persisting for some time now, we’re also seeing this for the Google Pixel 3 XL as well. Adding this to the title!

As of now, there’s no ETA on when this may be fixed, but our team has some ideas to what the cause is. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon though, and I’ll try to keep everyone here posted on any new updates with the notch/fullscreen issues :slight_smile:

ANY NEWS YET? This is happening on my Galaxy S10, but its a little further to the right than the images above. I want to sacrifice a goat every time I open HS now. DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING FOR THE GOATS?

2 Likes

There camera bar area is no longer used, the screen is offset to the right when holding phone sideways. This is only happening on HS and forcing fullscreen through settings does nothing. It was using that section of the screen before the most recent update.

1 Like

I also am a Galaxy fold user and Hearthstone cannot be forced into full-screen mode which is such a shame with his big beautiful screen. Please fix!

What about fixing the problem with the S-Pen on all S-Pen devices (mine are Note 9 and Tab S6) not working in HS? The issue is unfixed for over a month now.

Same here s10 plus its working perfectly fine until last update

1 Like

It’s been this way for a few months now. Before, I was able to force HS to use the full screen, now, on both devices, there’s a black bar on the notch. The camera cutouts are perfectly fine and don’t impact anything, why needlessly add the black bars? It does nothing but make the client appear unattractive and unsightly to users. Why break something that works perfectly? Beyond that, this has been an issue for months. Surely removing those black bars can’t take but more than a minute or two of work? I’ve seen other threads on this topic, but the length of time it’s taken and it still hasn’t been corrected, getting agitated.

This should be an easy fix. Any news for us? I’m a Galaxy Fold user and have the same issue.

Hi everybody,same here,Galaxy Note 10+,beautiful screen but Hearthstone can’t be played fullscreen,it ignores the force,and s pen not working properly…this is really too much…why does this only target Samsung phones,as i can see from the posts players made.Really if this persists i will look at it like being blackmailed to use phones from other manufacturers(think about it) to play hearthstone which is not fair by any means.

Any news? It should be 10 minutes of work for 1 dev. Really. It works before, you just disable it with update -.-

Any news? Would love this to be fixed.

No new updates at the moment. The primary issue that there’s some concerns with the notch not working correctly. There’s some issues with the UI when the notch is enabled, that need to be address before re-enabling the notch, which is why its taking a bit longer than usual.

Please check our patch notes during releases and patches in case this issue will be addressed further or resolved. In the mean time, I am checking for updates for this and I’ll do my best to update here whenever there’s more information or additional details. Thank you all for your vigilance!

I second the s-pen woes. I would really like to be able to use my device the way it was intended again. Thanks.

Any updates ? It’s been a long time now …

1 Like

Anything blizzard? Should be fairly easy to patch out no?

I’m having boarder issues as well. Samsung Galaxy Fold. The full-screen border that’s usually black is now grey and its super bothersome

Same here. Come on Blizzard. There’s no reason why Hearthstone shouldn’t work properly on the Galaxy fold fix it please we’re all home it will give us something fun to do fix it fix it stop taking months for something that should be fixed thank you

Somehow, they can always get it right for iPhone but never for android, even though we are not using some no-name phone with weird versions of the software. In this case, we got flagships and they still don’t care. ( I have the Galaxy S10 and still no fix, obviously)

Our team is aware of the problem, the major issue is that while it is easy to enable this feature back on, the problem is that the UI elements within the game will not function properly with the feature enabled at this moment.

I will be closing this thread. The reason why is because the technical support forums are intended for troubleshooting technical issues such as crashes and disconnections.

This thread has progressively become more towards reports on the notch issue, rather than the crashing issue. While our team is aware of the issue, there’s some additional issues that need to be addressed first hand before the issues with the notch will be available again. We, the technical support agents, see bugs that appear to be a technical issues and we do our best to inform for updates and information in these cases, but the technical support forums is not meant to be a place to report in-game bugs.

To make sure that our team can track the impact of this issue, please report the issue on the #bug-report forums so that this will reach the appropriate team who can make the changes and resolutions to fix the notch issue. Thank you for your reports and understanding on this situation!