Note 10 / S10e / Pixel 3 XL - Full screen issue (Notch) + game crash

Good day,

i have 2 problems:

1. on my Samsung Note 10 plus, i used to force the full screen on Hearthstone and it worked fine all the time… recently, i am unable to get full screen . the camera hole area is cut out from the game. this bothers me so so so so much.

2. the other issue is, the game just quits all of a sudden. i tried it on my Note 10 plus & on my Huawei Mate 20 X.

i really appreciate your swift fix especially on the 1st point.

thanks
regards

Note 10 plus user here - game doesnt work in fullscreen. Lol obviously that swift fix you thanked them for never happened.

By defualt the app does not display in full screen mode, and when you change the setting via the phone settings for the app to display in fullscreen it still doesnt work. All other apps that arent defaulted to fullscreen on the note 10plus respond to the overide via the option in phones settings. Hearthstone is the only app that will not respond and has a fake bezel - also the stylus is not working.

After upgrading to android 10 on my s10+, the full screen option on the game (where the game flows behind the camera cutouts) no longer works like it did with android 9 before. Samsung informed me to contact the developer. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not fix the problem.

1 Like

Bump where tf is HS Support when you need them smh

I merged a few threads here to get this all under one thread. Thanks for reporting the full screen issue with Note 10 and S10 here! We’re going get this escalated to our team to look into potential compatibility issues, and hopefully have some more information or updates on this issue here soon.

Here is a proof that fullscreen was working 3 months ago (photos taken at 11 of september). But after HS update it stopped working -.- Blizzard somehow disabled it :confused:

https:// imgur. com/a/sNcesOa (delete spaces in hyperlink - I cant add links to post ;/)

Thanks, Lanc! Our team is aware of the issue and that it’s been persisting for some time now, we’re also seeing this for the Google Pixel 3 XL as well. Adding this to the title!

As of now, there’s no ETA on when this may be fixed, but our team has some ideas to what the cause is. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon though, and I’ll try to keep everyone here posted on any new updates with the notch/fullscreen issues :slight_smile:

ANY NEWS YET? This is happening on my Galaxy S10, but its a little further to the right than the images above. I want to sacrifice a goat every time I open HS now. DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING FOR THE GOATS?

2 Likes

There camera bar area is no longer used, the screen is offset to the right when holding phone sideways. This is only happening on HS and forcing fullscreen through settings does nothing. It was using that section of the screen before the most recent update.

1 Like

I also am a Galaxy fold user and Hearthstone cannot be forced into full-screen mode which is such a shame with his big beautiful screen. Please fix!

What about fixing the problem with the S-Pen on all S-Pen devices (mine are Note 9 and Tab S6) not working in HS? The issue is unfixed for over a month now.

Same here s10 plus its working perfectly fine until last update

1 Like

It’s been this way for a few months now. Before, I was able to force HS to use the full screen, now, on both devices, there’s a black bar on the notch. The camera cutouts are perfectly fine and don’t impact anything, why needlessly add the black bars? It does nothing but make the client appear unattractive and unsightly to users. Why break something that works perfectly? Beyond that, this has been an issue for months. Surely removing those black bars can’t take but more than a minute or two of work? I’ve seen other threads on this topic, but the length of time it’s taken and it still hasn’t been corrected, getting agitated.

This should be an easy fix. Any news for us? I’m a Galaxy Fold user and have the same issue.

Hi everybody,same here,Galaxy Note 10+,beautiful screen but Hearthstone can’t be played fullscreen,it ignores the force,and s pen not working properly…this is really too much…why does this only target Samsung phones,as i can see from the posts players made.Really if this persists i will look at it like being blackmailed to use phones from other manufacturers(think about it) to play hearthstone which is not fair by any means.

Any news? It should be 10 minutes of work for 1 dev. Really. It works before, you just disable it with update -.-

Any news? Would love this to be fixed.

No new updates at the moment. The primary issue that there’s some concerns with the notch not working correctly. There’s some issues with the UI when the notch is enabled, that need to be address before re-enabling the notch, which is why its taking a bit longer than usual.

Please check our patch notes during releases and patches in case this issue will be addressed further or resolved. In the mean time, I am checking for updates for this and I’ll do my best to update here whenever there’s more information or additional details. Thank you all for your vigilance!

I second the s-pen woes. I would really like to be able to use my device the way it was intended again. Thanks.