Non duplicate epics needs to be a thing

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen myself pull 3 or 4 of the same useless epic while later having to force myself craft essential cards all because after 20-30 packs I got duplicates. For legendaries I get it, it feels bad to pull a duplicate. But for epics, epics are the awkward bunch where unlike legendaries they either pay out pretty well if you dust one, epics are still expensive to craft while also being essential in numbers.

Commons and rares sure, keep them as it is, bur epics definitely need the no double pack rule. It is so frustrating to spend three months trying to get one epic while instead getting four copies of something else that’s completely useless. It’s like when I pulled all those Catacomb packs trying to get Call to Arms or Branching Paths while instead pulling five Level Ups instead. Come on, spread the pulls evenly so I’m not wasting time pulling the same pack for cards I can’t utilize more of.

6 Likes

I’ve got bad news for you. Great suggestions don’t make it into Hearthstone.

7 Likes

While we’re all taking it with the tiniest grain of salt, I believe this was something Mike had mentioned in that stream a little while back.

I’m 100% for it, or at least drastically reduced chances. It’s easier to get all legendaries of a set than all epics at this point.

10 Likes

you mean
like card buffs ?

They already said this isn’t happening not too long ago.

Sorry for the rough news buddy

2 Likes

Source?

20characters

Legendary card not always good, epic card sometimes very much better.
You are wise man, you have 2000 posts.
Many posts = very wise.
Knowlenge is power.:+1:

5 Likes

From the Rise & Shadow Q&A they did in april 2019. Can’t find the link from the bnet forums but I’m sure you can find it if you search on google.

They said they were no plans on making a no duplicate rule for the epics.

2 Likes

While i would love this change, it is just too much of a loss of revenue for Blizzard to implement it.

1 Like

This:

Yes, it sucks, but it is also recently confirmed as not being on their list of priorities, let alone being considered.

6 Likes

That’s odd, Wardrum never told me he had a mentally deficient sibling.

2 Likes

:rofl: there is nothing i can even say given the persons name you are responding to even remotely within the CoC. Well played young Padawan, well played indeed!

3 Likes

I am not my stalker alt’s keeper XD

6 Likes

There’s so much about this post that I l love!

Edit: haha I can’t quote user wh**r e drum cause his name contains a baned word!! OK for username but not OK for the message boards?

Efit 2: just fix the dust vale for uncommons.

3 Likes

If Commons and Rares gave just 5 more dust each, it would be fantastic.

3 Likes

More dust is good for people who don’t have much cards, like me.
I’m f2p, but I can’t make much cards.
And devs don’t loose much money if they give little bit more dust.

1 Like

Yeah… it seriously feels rigged when I keep pulling the same epic for the 5th time with my limited resources. Who needs five copies of the “your windfury cards have mega-windfury” epic that sees 0% use. It’s seriously gut wrenching whenever I decide to spend money and get unusable epics. (Same goes for the 400 dust legendaries…)

1 Like

Profits will need to drop considerably before non-dups will be a thing.