No sound on iPad Pro

Since the last update, there has been no sound being played from hearthstone in any game mode. I did a complete reinstall of the hearthstone app and when that did not work, I did a factory reset on my iPad Pro (3rd Gen) and reinstalled the app. Still no sound.

Yes, my tablet speakers are working as I get sounds from all other apps/games.

Any update on this?

1 Like

I found this out myself, and since I couldn’t find this solution on the internet, I thought I’d post it here (even though this belongs on https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/21033 because that’s where people might end up):

Some background information that may have contributed to the problem for me:

1. I had played Hearthstone years ago, enjoyed it, but kind of forgot about it for a few years.
  2. My iCloud storage is full (because I don’t need it, and Apple does it’s best to annoy me about it, by storing things there by default, even though I don’t want them to store most of my information in their cloud. Given their history, I do not, and will not, trust them to be competent to store my information securely, but that’s beside the point here)
  3. Hearthstone was in the mode that it had an installed icon, but it wasn’t stored on my iPad (by clicking the icon it downloaded the app and installed it again)
  4. I did went through similar steps as described here in an attempt to get sound (uninstall, then reinstall. I didn’t reset my entire device).

The solution
Disable Hearthstone to use iCloud via your settings (as described below)

1. Go to your iPad settings
  2. Open the iCloud settings (you can search through the settings by scrolling up in the left panel, a feature that was cleverly hidden by Apple)
  3. Once you’ve found the iCloud settings (and they didn’t disable the panel because you didn’t yet find the time to read their updated terms and conditions, where they did not specify what has changed. In my opinion it should be illegal voor companies to request users to read that much in order to be able to use a product that they have paid for):
    Then toggle the hearthstone toggle to off, to stop using iCloud for Hearthstone.

For me, that fixed my audio issues (also I’m not happy with Apple, but I don’t know if alternatives are better, but that shouldn’t be the standard).

Thats because Blizzard developers are stupid.