No more Nemsy, overdone garbage portraits

Had to look her up - is that a cross between a dragon and a bull frog? :wink:

It belches fireballs, so whatever it is I am here for it.

it takes 5min to do it solo lol
and about the topic, couldnā€™t agree more, iā€™m so tired of all the nemsy portraits, wtb some nerzhul or archimonde

@bee: read your bnet messages, sensei !

1 Like

Still waiting for the Gnome Chomsky Druid sking.

1 Like

Back in the day you couldnā€™t do that, you had to ā€œparticipate in a Fireside Brawl at an established Fireside Gatherings Tavernā€, i.e. a public gathering:

https://firesidegatherings.com/en-us/learn-more

P.S.

I guess at least Archimonde and Kilā€™jaeden are kept in an otherwordly vault - juuust in case HS branches out to the WOW: Legion storyline, with the miniset featuring Argus, the Burning Legionā€™s home world.

1 Like

Thatā€™s nice that you know how to do that. Kind of ignorant to say how easy it is then not share HOW.

1 Like

wrong, it was doable in solo since the beginning

but we have diablo, tyrael etcā€¦ :frowning:

Yet you still wont tell us how.
SUS

IIRC you could do that by"creativly" settinging up a Gathering or using GPS obfuscation, appearing to sit in an actual legit Gathering and loggin into it. There might be more ways. However, not the way it was supposed to be.

Well, shrug.

We might even get HoTS original characters, who knows? But those are from another franchise, while WoW Legion is Warcraft canon. I think thereā€™s a difference, canā€™t imagine HS making an expansion of a ā€œGrand Tourā€ to Diabloā€™s actual hearthstone.
Could be wrong, though.

So basically youā€™re upset that youā€™re not as cool as Nemsy.

nemsy doesnā€™t come close to the best portraits warlock could have, nemsy rebooted many times over belittles her ā€œcoolā€-ness.

her very first portrait though is very cool.

Sorry, I havenā€™t read the entire thread thoroughly, but Iā€™ve decided to contribute to this one instead of creating another.

Nemsy has come to Mercenaries as well, with a set of Nature-themed abilities and a bog-creeper minion that is considered an elemental for some reason. So, I suppose, Nemsy is a master druid and a shaman now, too ā€” more of her portraits are required for these classesā€¦ And why stop at just two and not release Nemsy as an alternate hero for each one, to begin with, because ā€˜fun things are funā€™? Of course, for some of the next expansions each class could also get a Nemsy hero card, because there canā€™t be too much of Nemsyā€¦ can it?

I canā€™t say much for Mercenaries as I donā€™t play it much, but a singular portrait for all or most classes hasnā€™t happened ever. It would be beneficial to rotate towards so many other characters that would make great portraits than remaining on reworking the same one. It starts to become tedious and not worth getting at all. Variety in character is necessary than just in theme.

also there already is too much nemsy.

1 Like

They are plant Elementals, not just beasts, in WoW lore:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bog_beast

Bog Creeper is unique to HS, itā€™s supposed to be a Fen Creeper corrupted during Whispers of the Old Gods.

1 Like

Interesting. I knew they were some kind of plant creatures, but I was not aware that they are elementals. Thank you for the information!

Yep, and the gnome on top of the Fen Creeper (not named Bog Beast in order to not confuse it with actual Beasts, since they are a distinct tribe in Hearthstone and it matters for game mechanics, I suppose), which has apparently turned out to be Nemsy, was either corrupted, too, or was an evil warlock all along, taking control of that bog beast somehowā€¦ making it ā€˜a cute puppetā€™, I suppose? Itā€™s still unclear why a warlock that Nemsy is has plant-based Nature abilities from a possible lore perspectiveā€¦ Or is it Boggy (that minion) casting them on her behalf?

Well, we could have separate versions of Druid Nemsy, Shaman Nemsy and so on.

Or apparently not, with them adding more and more. :grinning:

Does she have those in Battlegrounds? May be from that Bog Creeper, they are ā€œElementals of Natureā€ according to a WoW npc. Well, Battlegrounds seems to me even more of a twist on WoW lore than HS already is.

No idea, Iā€™m not a Battlegrounds player at allā€¦ Could look it up, but so could you, probably making out even more from it.

By the way, I donā€™t know if taking control of minions is a warlock thing in WoW loreā€¦ Maybe itā€™s something to do with old godsā€™ shenanigansā€¦ Or maybe theyā€™re just good friends. :grinning:

Battlegrounds have been tied into HS lore in Scabbsā€™s chapter of the Book of Mercenaries. Apparently, Bob is a somewhat retired SI:7 spy keeping a tavern in Stormwind, which serves as a kind of a brawl club (claimed to be very popular)ā€¦ and a source of information, I suppose. Well, of course, thereā€™s still the fact that the timeline in which HS in general and all that story of mercenaries in particular takes place is rather bizzare and riddled with anachronisms in relation to the canon.

Oh they do: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Warlock_summons
Warlocks are the other original minion class beside Hunter. Warlocks summon Demons and can ā€œbanishā€ Demons, Elementals and Aberrations (mostly void creatures), making them temporary unable to act. There are raid fights where several Warlocks are utilized to bind Demons or Elementals that accompany a boss, making the fight easier (cheesier?).
While Demons (from the Twisting Nether) and Void Spawns (from the Void) are not the same, there seems to be some overlap and Warlocks can control/banish some of those, too - the Void Walker is such a minions, the shackles he wears are part of the binding ritual. Bog Creeper is an Old God-corrupted Elemental and might qualify as a minion, but as a lore nerd youā€™d have to squint a bit.

Perhaps Iā€™ve formulated it a bit ambiguosly: the point is not summoning a minion (ā€˜petā€™), but taking control of a creature in a way priests apparently do.

In this case, Nemsy was apparently phishing in a bog (what exactly was she fishing for there? Although you never know with these gnomes, especially the corrupted ones), hooked this one fen creeper or bog beast instead, and then they somehow ended like this.

The Twisting Nether and the Void used to mean nearly the same, if memory servesā€¦ But then again, theyā€™ve changed or even ā€˜retconnedā€™ a lot.

Yeah, that sounds strange ā€” I would speculate that this whole relationship between Nemsy and Boggy probably has got something to do with Nā€™Zoth (judging also by his opening remark vs Nemsy, ā€˜You, too, have heard the calling from the deep.ā€™ ) whispering something to both of them. The whole affair of messing with peopleā€™s (including elementals and others) minds is, as far as I know, consistent also with the Shadow domain that the old gods belong to and their modus operandi, so that might be the caseā€¦

Oh, more about lore perspective: if memory serves, Gulā€™dan did some things mentioned above, such as summoning ā€˜suspicious elementalsā€™ and disguising his newfound powers as those of a shaman during his ā€˜apprenticeshipā€™ with Nerā€™zhul or making Garona (SMOrc) his puppet, and others, such as raising isles from the seafloor ā€” but then again, he was no run-of-the-mill warlock.