No more f2p (free to play) in ladder?

new Stanard expansion and from now - new Wild expansion?
I think there is no gold for all this ladder beauty.
For f2p players only Arena or BG…
is it so?

1 Like

Arena and BGs? Those are both much less f2p-friendly than standard/wild ladder. Arena costs 150 gold per run and won’t feasibly give you much return on value even if you’re a pro, due to chinese bot accounts inflating their draft quality. BGs paywalls a massive advantage behind a quarterly fee.

1 Like

yeah Arena requere 150 gold, but playing even weekly quest you earn enoght or something. Game in ladder requere more gold to buy packs now.
About BG ’ dont agree, BG its free, you can play without spend nothing of gold. idk if you have advantage when you pay Battle Pass and barely you have proofs for that, so…Anyway I play BG calm f2p.

It’s objectively a massive advantage, with how bad the hero balancing is. If you don’t care because you play it casually, that’s completely fine, but spreading misinformation about it is not fine. The best hero out of 4 is, on average, way better than the best hero out of 2.

where I spread wrong indormation?! dont blame another person without reason.

I believe that most F2P players fail to understand what this actually means.

Hopefully Twist completely dies off after next month so that the developers realize that they should actually work to create a new format, rather than Lottery drawing a group of older expansions and calling it one.

The format is hidden behind a paywall yet again, what a joke.

3 Likes

You pay with money or you pay with time. The days of long time periods for expansions is gone.

dont you think that more bots will appear if devs will make players spend more money?

I think this Twist mode is gonna die faster then Mercenaries.
Haven’t touched that well since uh… release?
Yeah what a joke!

1 Like

How dare Blizzard add value to older card sets! What do they think Hearthstone is, a collectible card game?

You want HS to be F2P? Don’t dust your cards every year. Try having fun outside Standard.

F2P IS playing the game casually. If you want to be competitive then be a professional and pay the entry fees, buy the boosters, get the perks, the pass, etc. Otherwise you are just as casual as any other person with access to a local park that has a track around its perimeter. You can run all you like around that for free but dont claim not to be a casual runner.

man, paying something doesnt convert you in best player really. And its not this topic for discuss such a thing. Good player its a player who compose own decks, enjoy the game, respect opponent and probably win. this is a good player, and doesnt matter if he buy packs for gold or real money, if we speak about ladder.

And I dont dust cards, something else? @gnorf

more respect to others guys

or you guys just scared cause someone play free and you pay for that? why so negative reaction? this topic its not about who pay for game and who play free. Read carefully the first post. And cal, down. If you can to buy cards, good for you. Its not disccusable and topic its not about this.

Last I checked professionals get paid. Paying to compete is not proof of skill in any way.

And do you think professionals dont have entry costs involved to their professions? Would you pay for a “pro” plumber that had no tools such as wrenches but instead they can do the job barehanded? idk about you but I wouldnt trust my house to not have leaks if the “pro” didnt have at least 2 wrenches to do the work with. theres a barrier to being a pro in nearly every variation of that term in all its applications. Whether it be tools to buy, education to obtain, skills to learn, and experience to gain, licenses to get, permits to buy, insurance or bonds to have, registrations to have on file, taxes to file etc. Every Pro out there would very much say it cost a lot before they could even begin to be able to charge others for themselves to get paid. If you consider yourself a Pro hearthstoner, then you would know that you cant F2P your way to being able to charge another for that. Youd be no different than the hands only plumber.