News on Tyrande and Past Card Backs!

Strange how Breeden mentions only Tyrande and not Khadgar. But regardless, collectors and completionists rejoice! ;D

Source: https//www.hearthpwn.com/news/6685-rise-of-shadows-developer-q-a-all-answers

1 Like

I am all for season card backs but pre order content ? I wouldn’t like them back, it kills the entire exclusive purpose.

And why do you link hearthpwn as the source ? These q&a were made in these forums

3 Likes

Pre-order content wasn’t mentioned, and I agree that the pre-order cosmetics should remain exclusive

4 Likes

Probably because the hearthpwn link is compiled. Makes sense to me.

So does season cardbacks. They were exclusive to that season, stated to be so from the very beginning.

3 Likes

People paid for the pre-order exclusives. That’s the big difference

1 Like

What makes more sense is quoting the official quote that was made in those forums

I know. But that was the first reliable site I found via Google search and couldn’t bother to find the original source. :stuck_out_tongue:

I happened to first read about this from Kripparian’s tweet and considered to even link that instead at first.

And other people played during the seasons these cardbacks were exclusive to. What’s your point beyond “I paid for those things and want them to remain exclusive but I missed a bunch of seasonal cardbacks and want them anyway, GIVE!”.

4 Likes

Just so you understand I don’t care about these card backs, seasonal cards are worthless in my eyes. However, if they were to bring them back, it wouldn’t make sense to bring back the pre-order content as well. If they did, why the **** would anyone pre order anything knowing it will be back

Queue my bitterness.

1 Like

As someone who bought the pre-orders for Boomsday, Rastakhan, and RoS: I bought it for the awesome $1-per-pack rate, not the hero portraits. I would be 100% OK with those heroes being available once again.

13 Likes

And then you’re giving the middle finger to all those who paid 80 bucks for the megabundle in order to have an exclusive skin. You’re messing around with your customers and ultimately won’t be able to milk the megabundles anymore

1 Like

This. Thanks.
As someone who currently owns all of the alternate heroes, personally it would change nothing for me if the old pre-order exclusives were made available again. I do not predicate my satisfaction with the skins on others not having them.

While I’m sorry if other pre-orderers get dissappointed, it was never guaranteed that the skins would be exclusive FOREVAH and we did get to enjoy them before everyone else.

5 Likes

Anybody who pays $80 just because of the hero skin is already used to people giving them the finger.

10 Likes

Same for all of those who collected the seasonal rewards and played in those months BECAUSE it was said these card backs were exclusive to those. Your argumentation is incredible self-serving.

4 Likes

I fail to see your point.

Bee stated it is a kick in the teeth to people who spent a large sum of money to obtain an exclusive portrait. There wasn’t any mention of playing during a certain time period, but more to do with the amount of money it cost.

I’m sure no one would be that riled up if Mega Bundle Heroes are re-released with the same pricing, but making them free or even significantly cheaper would make a lot of people annoyed with the fact that they have not only been lied to about the exclusivity of their purchase, but also cheated out of their cash when they could have gotten it cheaper.

Me personally? I don’t really care if they re-release stuff I own for cheaper, but I think the people that do care deserve to not be ripped off.

Even if the preorder heroes are released for free, people who bought those preorders still got 50-80 packs for $1 per pack, which is a much better rate than what you get post-release.

6 Likes

Good news for people who want Tyrande.

Not sure about monthly card-backs. It was imo a token / achievement of “you played HS during October 2017” or w/e date. A reminder that you played during GnG or Old Gods.

It would be lame if you can just buy any of the monthly cardbacks with in-game currency or real money… if that’s how they reintroduce it. That would mean that HS lacks gameplay achievements even more than before.

At least introduce achievements in HS somewhat similar as WoW and SC2.

2 Likes

That doesn’t change the fact that you are completely unable to acquire the skin without spending that money at the time, and are explicitly told it is exclusive with that bundle.

It doesn’t invalidate the fact that your customers have been lied to and ripped off about the content they have purchased.