New to the game but too frustrated to keep playing

Play with friends for awhile and build a deck on quests and wins.

Like all collection card games it is P2win. Which means Play or Pay to win.
If you value your time as 50cent /hour then play, if you value it higher pay.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I might pick this game up again just because of the great comments from the community.

I understand what you mean. I played the game since beta and I can manage decks that can win games to progress and have a decent collecton but I still feel like I need Streamer amounts of packs IE 1000 packs per expansin to be at 100% instead of just barely hanging on with half @$% decks.

1 Like

i was banned for bad mouthing blizzard before, because they want to believe they make the best game ever.

Hearthstone has never been the most new player friendly game, but it has improved the new player experience over the years. For example, now new players have 50 ranks so they don’t get to thrown right in the pool with sharks and can earn some juice rewards on the way.

Also now there are ‘Play Cards’ quests so you don’t even have to win against people with better collection and can still earn gold pretty easily and slowly build your collection. When I started there were mostly only ‘Win X games’ quests. Imagine the frustration when you have to win against people with good decks with your crappy deck to earn gold. Sometimes these quests took ages to complete.

At the beginning f2p really might seem like a hell if you want to compete, but trust me, it’s doable. I’ve reached legend as f2p and after that rank 5 many times. Every expansion I open 70-80 packs from gold saved mostly from daily quests - no grinding. Then I can build at least a few strong popular decks and easily compete with people that pump hundreds of dollars into the game.

Arena is also an option to consider because there the size of your collection doesn’t matter.

1 Like

it’s a fun game if you play since launch or if you’re really rich but if you’re a new player or don’t want to spend thousands, just give up

1 Like

There is only one who can fix this .

Welcome to Hearthstone. Don’t get too frustrated. You can acquire a fair amount of content in very short order. Here are some ways…

1. Get all the free packs you can. This will goose your collection.
    roffle net/free-hearthstone-card-packs/

2. Level all your heros up to 10. This will get you all the Basic cards.

3. Get the Welcome Bundle. It isn’t free, but it’s the best deal in the game - bar none.

4. Get all the freebies. Every expansion has a pile of free packs that the game hands out. Get as many of those free packs as are still available.

5. Do all your dailies and SAVE the gold for the next expansion. Many people think they need to ‘catch up’ on all the old content. This is a fool’s errand. Your goal should be the ‘keep up’ rather than ‘catch up’. When the next expansion drops, your goal should be to have at least 5,000 gold saved to spend on packs (you can save up to 9,000 very easily, and more without too much effort). Spend that gold on the packs for the new set and then start saving again. In a year you will be caught up and be on the same footing (in standard) as everyone else.

6. Set sensible goals. Some people in the forum feel like they MUST have 100% of every card in every set or the game is “unplayable”. This opinion is nonsense. You can compete very effectively in Hearthstone with far less than a complete set of cards. CCGs are meant to be played with incomplete sets, so set reasonable expectations rather than thinking you need to have everything all at once. People who set unrealistic expectations are the ones that get frustrated.

Do this and with very little effort and a bit of patience you will be doing just fine. Jumping into an established CCG can seem daunting, but don’t let your expectations undermine what can be a lot of fun.

2 Likes

The game is stupid, broken and there is no help for new players unless you spent a lot of money. Deal with it or quit the game. On the forums you will only get retarded Blizzard Warriors so you won’t really get any sympathy .

1 Like

There should be an age limit for any post. Unfortunately there is not. Every cycle there is a broken combo deck that you’ll most likely see more often than not. Right now it’s a Bomb Warrior deck. People find net decks online, meaning, you can find a list of cards to put in your deck, just like all the others.
I pride myself on building custom decks with my own combos, or variations of the limited ones available.
I feel bad for the ones jumping on board for the easy win. They are the hallow ones.
Get friends in real life to play with you, then it will be much more enjoyable.

Not sure if it got mentioned above anywhere and I missed it, but if you have friends on your list with larger collections, you can do quests with them and borrow their decks (if they are willing to let you). This can give you a chance to try out some cards before committing to crafting anything and decide what your preferred play style is.

Play with friends and set up fireside gathering as this makes this game feel more community based and can make you enjoy it much more.

thats the marketing strategy…they want to frustrate you so u are forced to buy packs to get better cards than the basic crap set so u can win and get addicted. its all a part of a diabolic plan.

1 Like

Totally agree. There are so many times I just want to pull the trigger to buy new cards just because I am frustrated. Then I stop and think that is why they do this.

1 Like

Do not do this! Arena is definitely not a fair matchup. This was admitted a couple years ago when the dev team decided to revamp the, so called random, cards that showed up for all players. Arena is for players that enjoy arena style competitions, and who are not bothered in the slightest about the cost. As a new player concerned about cost you will hate it. The decks you will go against will seem insanely overpowered. You will lose every game probably, so the cost per hour will be close to the highest possible.

1 Like