New Tavern Brawl / Game Mode Idea: The Yogg Trials

Everyone is playing as Whizbang that is considered all classes for Discover. The Hero Power is for 0 Mana to Discover a basic Hero Power for this turn. Your deck are 30 0-cost spells that Discover a card. And at the end of each turn the game checks two things. First if there is a Yogg-Saron, Hope’s End in that player’s hand or deck. If not, it puts one at the bottom of their deck. And second if the player has any unspent Mana. If so, it is spent to play that much Mana worth of random spells at random targets.

I think that would be really fun. I just love playing with random stuff. And unlike playing with a random deck especially the “unspent Mana is converted to random spells” makes sure you don’t just end up in a boring topdecking situation. So many games I’ve seen this happening mostly to my opponents and sometimes me when I didn’t go for enough of the “infinite value” stuff and it just gets so boring when it happens.

The only problem I see would be for them to make money from it because your collection doesn’t matter and that’s how they usually try to make money. Maybe you could have like some time to try it out for free and then you have to buy play time for the mode. But how would it work for playing with friends? Because that’s the most fun for me. Maybe so that you can opt to pay double the time for your friend.

So, what do you think? I’d love to see something like that. A mode where you can just jump in right away and keep playing random stuff until someone wins. That’s my favorite way to play, but with the deck building and different power level of decks you almost never have that in normal games except you play against the same deck in a mirror match. To me such a game mode would also feel very fair and just super fun to play. Anyone else?