New Shaman Rare: Weaponized Wasp

OH man the whole gangs in here! well some at least.

Is anyone else really, really, devaluing cards that have requirements baked into them that require a minion in general, or of a certain type to be even more specific, from prior turns to be-good?

Like to me, the number 1 condition that takes away a cards appeal is “have something on the board from last turn”.
It simply doesnt’ happen in aggro matchups, and absolutely does not matter vs mana-cheat with taunt/lifesteal.

Notice how Medivh’s Valet saw SO much play / won matches?
Ice block / specific secrets are not as easily, or at all, triggerable for your opponent.

Minions on board? those get dealt with if they matter, or left alone if 3 dmg don’t matter like say vs WBP.

From now on, just say “if you miraculously have something left over from last turn, benefit”. or, “this card is unplayable since nobody leaves things up if they know there’s a risk to that such as 3 dmg if it matters”.

Right?

Deathrattle summon a lackey…ok that’s a proper setup.
Anything else this card just don’t cut it.

1 Like

how do you post images? o_o

Or just read it as 4-mana
3/3
Summon a 1/1 and deal 3-damage

Which is still a good card but isn’t Murkspark Eel levels of crazy.

2 Likes

Official HS card library here:

If you have the appropriate posting level you can post image links. Level 2, if I’m not mistaken.

A 3/3 minion for 3 Mana with a strong conditional Battlecry. MCT has seen enough play to tell me that such a minion can thrive. This Battlecry isn’t as strong as MCT, but the condition is easier to meet. I see little reason why this card won’t be played, especially in Quest Shaman.

If you’re Trust Level 3, you can link them directly. If not, you can put a `` mark on either side to make the link look like this (only use one one each side) as a workaround to make it accept your link.

More details about how all that stuff (and more) works in this thread:

1 Like

you’re the only lvl 3 here, i guess :stuck_out_tongue:
thanks for the explanation
edit: is there an easy way to know our trust lvl?

Why would it need to be on the board from last turn? Lackeys are 1 mana cards, it’s not a huge stretch to view the lackey-synergy cards as combos that you don’t play perfectly on curve, but instead together when you can guarantee the value will be gotten.

There was some special way to view your profile by typing in and editing a URL, but I don’t remember it. Bowser knows it and has mentioned it several times, whenever he pops on next. You have to sift through some html junk and find a specific value that refers to your trust level.

1 Like

summons the mighty dinosaur

It’s better than that, because you can also use it to bait/force removal on turn 2, as otherwise the opponent risks getting crushed on tempo the next turn. 1 mana ‘force your opponent to ping/dagger/drood/play removal on turn 2’ is strong in its own right.

I don’t know. The lackey requirement seems pretty detrimental. I go by: You need at least 7 dragons for Duskbreaker on 4. So 7 Lackey activators? Only Sludge Slurper is actually good on its own while the other lackey generators are kind of bad by themselves.

Maybe the mysterious 6th Lackey will save this though if it is 1 mana summon a random mountain giant.

This fits amazingly well in my standard shudderwock deck that takes advantage of lackeys. Early removal around the 2-3 mana mark was missing and this goes really well.

It actually looks better at first glance than the effect warrants. It’s alright, about as good as Sunreaver Warmage - which is to say good, but not great.

1 Like

there’s a 4 mana discover a beast card in wild, tomb spider

Really good card and they seem to be wanting to push the Lackey presents in Shaman and they also made the obvious addition so it wouldnt be broken by require that you control a Lackey for the battlecry to work. Would have been too good if it was holding a Lackey.

2 Likes

Looks nice, but I really wish they won’t forget shaman elementals by introducing this new archetype.

1 Like

They’re giving Lackey Shaman a real push it would seem, we’ll have to see if it get’s enough support, but this definitely helps.

Will see play if Lackey shaman is a thing.

This is a big one for me. My favorite thing about Shaman by FAR is Elementals. The whole “EVIL lackey master” things doesn’t really do it for me.

3 Likes

I think it’s a fair bit better.

Same stats over two bodies but the lackey is quite a bit better than just a 1/1.

I don’t think it’s worth considering a situation where the lackey is still on the board as anything but lucky imo.

Even just looking at stats, 4/4 on 4 is much better than 4/4 on 5.

If you can’t kill it with 3 damage battlecry chances are you can’t kill it with 4 and you will need something much bigger anyway.

Yea war ur right about same-turn upping this card’s value to playable.
Problem is…same-turn requires drawing them together.

This is exactly why rexxar is AWFUL at combo, it has no combo-friendly non-beast draw.

Idk same-turning stuff just gets / feels old to face.
Hold hold hold…deploy…its all fine but the prob is not all classes have the tools to draw, tutor even better, sustain, for combo-same-turn decks.

Like one reason Rogues were sooo good at it is they had all that Myras/2015 auctioneer/ 2018-early-2019 Raiding draw.

Shaman has…I mean how is shaman reliably drawing 2 cards say by Turn 4 when 3 dmg might matter? It’s not like they can tutor for a lackey on 0,1,2,3 mana right?

combo-same-turn basically says “this works in a class that has draw/tutor/sustain/possibly AoE or freeze” which im not sure thrall is much better than Rexxar at that.

turn-4 Is very few draws to reliably hit 2 cards by…1 sure (barnes f/e) but 2 specifics by T4 to hold and same-turn (since last turn leftover is never reliable) is just…a loooong shot right?