New Rogue Legendary: Shadowjeweler Hanar

Did Blizz mention that they really want you to play Secret Rogue??

2 mana 5 health, lawdy. I think Rogue should’ve been a Secret class from the beginning, so I find this card hella cool and very flavorful.

11 Likes

the stats alone are good, and i love the secret idea, count me in! :smiley:

1 Like

Damn you beat me. This plays into the quest, Secret Burgle Rogue?

3 Likes

I’d say it definitely does.

1 Like

doesn’t load the picture… (china) what does it do?

1 Like

After you play a Secret, Discover a Secret from another class.

3 Likes

Thjis also revealed that there are at least 3 Rogue Secrets this expansion and maybe more through the Year.

1 Like

This new Secret Rogue could be such a good anti mage deck in wild :smiley:

There’s only three other classes that have secrets, right? This would be incredible if each of the three discover options was from a different class, then you would have a 1, 2, and 3 mana option. Very flexible.

Sucks because of the lack of supporting cards early on plus the quality of rogue secrets.

God those gem colors are just fantastic. What great art appropriate card.

2 Likes

The jewels he’s holding are yellow, purple, and green. Paladin, Mage, Hunter. Nice touch.

9 Likes

Tall enough to play on turn 2.

Fun with 10 mana.

Could Shadowstep it back and protect it getting a lot of value out of it.

5 Star Power.

3 Likes

Secret Rogue synergies are shaping up nicely imo. Maybe not good enough to build an entire deck around secrets, but the tools you get in exchange for slotting in a Secret package could be worth it in a number of archetypes.

3 Likes

Versatile legendaries like this are the kind of build-arounds that I like.

4 Likes

Wow, what art. Not only are the gem colors the colors for the other three classes with Secrets, but making him a Draenei turns it into a Thanos reference too.

4 Likes

Exactly. As a plus, I can create a multi-colored Christmas tree now. :rofl:

3 Likes

My favorite card so far. Very excited about a Secret Rogue. I remember using Cheat Death a few expansions back, but that really wasn’t a deck around secrets. This is very intriguing.

2 Likes

Similar to Professor Putricide. Less stats, but it’s also easier to play out with a secret early. And as a 2 mana 1/5, it likely survives a turn, while Putricide often died when played for tempo on 4.

Putricide is arguably better cause the secret is played (no mana to pay) and was from your own class. There is a strong chance that the secret you discover is not really good for your situation and you just have better options with your own card. And this is the reason why the statline is so strong on this one.