New Player Experience

Hello,

I started playing Hearthstone a few months ago as a result of one of my favorite Twitch content creators doing a sponsored demo of the game. I wanted to share a few thoughts as a new player who has relatively few Rare and above cards (helped some by the recent catch up deck via Badlands). Some examples:

• When playing magnetizing mechs, Silence spells shouldn’t totally eliminate the magnetization effects. Currently, when a mech that has had other mechs magnetized to it is silenced, ALL of the benefits are eliminated. Instead, the added Attack and Health should remain and only abilities like Wind Fury, Taunt, etc. should go away. This would help make mech decks more competitive and would make more logical sense that the spell strips enhancements but not “structural” improvements to the mech. And yes, I know it is a fantasy game where “magic” can explain anything illogical, but my point remains.
  • I’ve read that Death Knight isn’t considered to be a very strong class. That may be true at higher ranks, but, as a new player I can tell you that for low ranks it seems WAY over-powered. Yes, I know that some decks are rocks to the Death Knight scissors, but in the Bronze through early Gold ranks, it seemed that about half of all decks I have faced have been Death Knight and they were on average stupidly overpowered against most other decks in that rank range. I laughed when the Coppertail Snoop from my Rogue mech deck was nerfed but nothing from Death Knight was nerfed (that I recall). I could give any number of specific examples, but here are a few that stand out to me.
    • The Death Knight Hero Power is OP. Calling an undead that has Rush and can be used to finish off a one health minion, remove a Divine Shield, etc. with no consequence to the Hero AND provides a Corpse is OP. Death Knights use their Hero Power more than any other Class from my observation.
    • Combined with how easy it is for Death Knights to get Corpses, the merely 2 cost Battlefield Necromancer that can convert a single corpse into a 1/3 Taunt minion at the end of each turn is OP.
    • Volatile skeletons, and the cards that summon multiple of them, just seem OP. Maybe if I could truly perceive the overall balance of the game I would think differently, but as a new low rank player with relatively few rare and better cards, wow, they just seem OP.
    • Grave Strength card that at 4 cost gives all minions +1 Attack or +3 Attack at a cost of 5 Corpses, which again are not hard to accumulate, and that applies to said Hero Power minion, is OP.
    • The low cost cards that put multiple minions into the player deck that summon upon draw, or plagues into the opponent deck that do damage upon draw just seem OP.
    • Etc.

Any few of the above abilities/cards would be fine, but collectively they are overwhelming for a new player who will face such decks over and over.

Generally enjoying the game, but wanted to share some of what has been discouraging to at least this new player.

we are in the sensational presence of one of the most incredible videogame scams on planet earth today, a millionaire business where on paper everything should be based like all card games on random events mixed with strategy while instead on hearthstone everything is harnessed within algorithms of control that hold the reins of the game governing everything under pre-arranged events and RNG calibrated based on the actions and spending of the players in terms of real money

1 Like

God dang, Horus, you were so clearly ready to just pop that rant off, you just came here completely unrelated to the actual topic, just to say all that. Sad.

Anyway. In regards to the actual op, I disagree w the proposed magnetization change. It makes no sense. The point of silence is to reduce a minion down to only its stats and removing anything you add to it. It would be a weird exception to make magnetization even partially immune to it.

As for the dk experience, I can’t say for sure. So I can’t help you there.

There is no DK card that summons Volatile Skeletons.
Unless you decided to throw shade at Mage midway your DK arguments, that’s not what’s happening.

I can say because I know.

DK’s on those ranks are bots, they play the regular version of Unholy DK and are super easy to beat.

OP should remake his deck into a good one and start beating these bots to increase his MMR to the point the game can find some actual players to match him with.

Just win OP, that’s how you stop facing DK’s.
Also remake your deck if you are losing against this, because this deck is completely outclassed today and if you can’t beat it you won’t be able to beat actual aggro.