New PIP mage cards revealed by Zeddy

I don’t understand Team 5’s design choices unless personal preferences are dictating design.
With every expansion mage gets further away from it’s class description.
Burn mage is awesome. It also felt like a pacifier for complaints.

1 Like

I actually think they did quite a good job this time. Both Legendary cards have straightforward, potentially strong effects. Remember last time? Khadgar and the Orb. One random casts and the other also random casts. xD

At least both of these are good and straightforward. I am just feeling like they are locking Mage into an archetype that has been a thing since August last year. A new board clear that can be player all across would allow for a new archetype to emerge.

Because of how strong Sif is, it has locked Mage into this archetype for a whole year now. Other archetypes pop out here and there only to get overshadowed by Rainbow Mage once again.

Even these, just look like Rainbow Mage support. The Chalice or the Go with the Flow have potential in the deck. On the other hand, Tsunami, Surfalopod, and King Tide don’t seem to be able to uphold the Big Spell Mage archetype without extra support. If anything, King Tide just seems like it would be played on a different deck simply as tech against certain decks.

I’ll say this whole set does feel a little incomplete, but I am pretty sure Paladin is meant to facilitate that. At least they toned down the discover to just Tide Pools which probably isn’t even playable.

1 Like

Well, being in Wild as I am, I see little to get excited about.
I do like Archmage, as it might help me play out my cheap HP buffs faster.

How so?

Some of these seem like perfect includes in a Burn Mage archetype one would brew for Wild. Archmage, Chalice, Go with the Flow, and maybe even Raylia could probably be included.

Even Rising Waves from yesterday’s reveals seems quite good. At worst it’s a 3 mana deal 2 aoe, but at best it’s a 3 mana deal 4 aoe. Middle ground then I guess is it being a 3 mana deal 3 aoe, which sounds really good. Flame Ward still sees fringe play doesn’t it? This one is probably even better.

There is definitely potential here. Archmage especially. You play it followed by a 2 mana spell and you have suddenly played an 1 mana 3/3 with even more upside if it lives.

Be excited. This reveal is good. Even the cards I would say are very Mage like. Just these cards alone are better than what we got in Whizbang’s. Plus, we are getting some Paladin cards on top.

1 Like

well, if you help me build it, I will certainly play it:)
mallenroh#11647

1 Like

we are alr friends buddy xD

1 Like

Not sure if you know, but there was a ping mage list going around in wild earlier this month. Not sure how it compares to your current list, but I figured I’d share it here if you are interested.

Pulled from Tempo/storm

Ping Mage

Ping Mage - Wild Meta Snapshot - Jun. 11, 2024

Class: Mage

Format: Wild

2x (1) Shivering Sorceress

1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide

2x (1) Wildfire

1x (2) Dirty Rat

1x (2) Mad Scientist

2x (2) Rewind

2x (2) Sing-Along Buddy

2x (2) Starscryer

1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard

2x (3) Coldlight Oracle

2x (3) Frost Nova

1x (3) Ice Block

1x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum

1x (3) Prince Renathal

2x (3) Solid Alibi

1x (4) Commander Sivara

1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager

1x (4) Fire Sale

1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt

1x (4) Multicaster

1x (4) Potion of Illusion

2x (4) Reckless Apprentice

1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp

2x (4) Volume Up

1x (5) Mes’Adune the Fractured

2x (5) Sleet Skater

1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp

1x (8) Mordresh Fire Eye

1x (9) Grand Magister Rommath

AAEBAf0EEuWwBNGeBvcNhRfAAYSTBZfvBKneBP3EBaf3A/bWA6iBBOXRA53uA/ebBqCKBNjsA6OQBQufkgTW7APgwwWiswb3uAP4B8sEyt4E0+wD0PgFtKcGAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/ping-mage-wild-meta-snapshot-jun-11-2024

I didn’t see this, but I will give it a go:) tysm

I was thinking the same but since you share that opinion theres no way its right.
Mage might be doomed…

Go back to playing with Shaman and the frogs, you re persona non grata in Mage.

2 Likes

I have commanded all local frogs to stop eating bugs in your area. Prepare to be overrun with bugs.

2 Likes

Here is what I’m running. It’s ok but not good.
What would you change?
(anyone can answer)

Wildfire/Diamond 5

Class: Mage

Format: Wild

2x (1) Devolving Missiles

2x (1) Wildfire

2x (2) Anonymous Informant

1x (2) Dryscale Deputy

2x (2) Gold Panner

2x (2) Heat Wave

2x (2) Rewind

2x (3) Counterspell

2x (3) Ice Barrier

2x (3) Objection!

1x (3) Rustrot Viper

2x (4) Fire Sale

2x (4) Reckless Apprentice

2x (5) Sleet Skater

1x (5) Taelan Fordring

1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp

1x (7) Mask of C’Thun

1x (8) Mordresh Fire Eye

AAEBAYHPBgb73QPY7AOgigSoigTrmAbNngYM4MwD0+wD1uwDp/cD558E6J8E/uwEvO0E4MMF1pgGzpwGtKcGAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Go with the flow and seabreeze chalice can easily fit into no minion mage, perfect for the deck to be honest

so, a 40 card ETC deck. Not really what I like to play. Most sideboard I can handle is Dawngrasp Hero)

1 Like

I think the ETC is mostly for potion of illusion so you can go infinite with Rommath. I’ve been meaning to try the list I shared but haven’t played any games with it yet. I’ll play a few with yours as well

1 Like

I just made a stand alone thread for it. if you can make it work you will be my new hero, lol.

Def no mage expert but those cards seem neat at least but i def could be wrong.

If surfalopod was an elemental I think elemental burn mage would be really good and even big elemental mage would be interesting, especially with that new 3 mana elemental. Seems like a missed opportunity there.

Mabye they give paladin some decent elementals tomorrow.