New Paladin Legendary: Dragonrider Talritha

They finally got around to the card reveal, and there’s a new Paladin Legendary that chains handbuffs for dragons.

2 Likes

This just bumped Dragon Paladin to my #2 try-it-out class/deck over Warrior.

2 Likes

This card is so bad, spending 1600 dust to be destroyed by one single Owl.

1 Like

Valanyr is better but slower.

This card requires cheap dragons to display it’s full potential.

Somewhat greedy. I could see a hand dragon deck being built with this though. Not bad, but not good. 3/5

So you played a 3 mana 3/3 while your opponent played a 3 mana 2/1.

That is still a win in my book.

3 Likes

The stat difference won’t affect the outcome as both cards are played for their effects. The difference is Owl costs 40g while this one costs 1600.

1 Like

And that cost difference is 100% irrelevant to game play.

12 Likes

Blizzard you worthless trolls. An undead character posing as a Paladin card.

As for the card, its neat. 3 mana 3/3 an buffs a dragon in hand that also gain the ability to keep gifting +3 +3 to a Dragon.

If Paladin has cheap to midrange dragons, its good. If it lands on a big dragon like Ysera its useless pretty much.

4 Likes

One word: Edwin …

Obviously good. Decent on curve stats, and a potentially game winning effect. Downside is that your deck has to be very heavy on dragons to always find a target.

Does this go infinite,like the dragon which gets the dr will also pass the dr on to another dragon?
Oh it does go “infinite”,still seems kinda bad.
Beeing a 1 off this looks near impossible to build around but maybe. The infinite loop is much more vulnerable then val,s one which didn’t see much play either.

Using this alongside things like Dragonspeaker would provide a good basis for a dragon-heavy deck that tries to win through putting out a bunch of buffed minions. And Bronze Heralds would help provide more draconic targets for the handbuff cards.

Plus, Paladin is also going to get an Explorer dragon that discovers a dragon, which we haven’t seen revealed yet.

Val’anyr but only for Dragons.

Oftentimes the 2 class legos in a set don’t work in conjunction. Does this make sense alongside Nozdormu; or is Nozdormu separate and mainly for Big Duel Paladin, while this for a midrange Dragon Paladin?

1 Like

Why have you written off the possibility of anyone actually getting one in a card pack?

2 Likes

Way too early but this is my Gold craft from what we’ve seen so far.

Now THIS I like. This is right up my ally.

The next question is how well does this play with Undatakah. If Undatakah gets 3 of these somehow then it doesn’t matter what owls you play. The bigger issue is Paladin trying to keep a constant flow of Dragons in hand…that’s the main issue.

If someone wants to waste an owl on this then that’s fine. It causes problems with bigger minion deathrattles later…especially those that get copied from paladin quest.

5 Likes

Playing this on Turn 3 into Nozdormu the Timeless on Turn 4 for an 11/11 seems like a big power play. Granted other classes might have other broken stuff to beat that, but it’s just a though for a Day 1 deck.

I like this, of course I’m a dragon fanboy but I really wanna try to make a Dragon Paladin deck work. Of course this is just a big bonus if it works the win condition of a deck most be something else can’t be to just play a dragon that is 3/3 bigger than normal and hope the opponents doesnt have access to silence/hex etc.

Man, if someone could get a Pally Quest Dragon deck to work, this card could be nuts.