New Paladin Legendary: Dragonrider Talritha

I’ve got a pretty nice Quest Pally Undatakah/Prelate deck right now…the problem of course is the selection of reborn minions.

Quest Pally Dragon truly needs a reborn dragon in order to work.

This isn’t amazing. But it’s good. Either way I’m interested in more dragons.

Yeah it’ll get silenced, but then that just leaves you open for kings or other buffs on things.

How is this not completely amazing? As long as you have dragons in hand its endless buffs. Seems amazing to me.

How many Dragons do you have to run to make it consistent? And is a Paladin deck filled to the brim with Dragons better than Highlander Hunter, Combo Priest, and Aggro Shaman?

I am skeptical.

Assuming all minion types you mostly run is dragons, I’m definitely going to add Call to Adventure then Talritha can buff the stat line further :smiley:

Yeah, you and me both are skeptical. for a long time the recommended number of dragons in a dragon deck was 7, i usually went with 9-10 'cos rngesus hates me. So, assuming the same ratio is the norm, I just cant see the value in this tbh.

Cool concept, need to see more cards though.

1 Like

7, really?

I think Kibler kept his Dragon decks at around 10 and I personally never went below 9 in my Wild ones (I do count the one Discover minion as .5 Dragons)

Thats what i remember being the recommended ratio, yea. 7 dragons for a dragon synergy deck - ignore Kibler and his dragon fetish :wink:

1 Like

While I do agree that the two new Paladin legendaries seem to point to two different archetypes as their respective homes, I do think that the new Nozdormu could work quite well in a handbuff dragon-centric shell based around Talritha and similar cards (such as Dragonspeaker).

While you probably wouldn’t try to play the new Nozdormu on curve in a Handbuff Dragon Paladin deck, he’s still a strong 4-mana 8/8 dragon if he’s played later in the game. Admittedly, you might sometimes face the risk/reward calculation of whether to play him on curve in a handbuff Dragon deck, but if you consider him as something you would generally play later when his battlecry would have a much smaller effect, Nozdormu himself as a 4-mana 8/8 would be a great inclusion in a handbuff-focused Dragon Paladin deck, even if your expectation is that you would typically avoid playing him early for his battlecry.

1 Like

I see Nozdormu’s Battlecry as a feature rather than a drawback.

The greed possible in a Nozdormu build is beyond anything we’ve seen before when you take into account having Call to Adventure to tutor him out on 3. To counter him you need a 4 mana Hard removal AND Zihi. Otherwise Paladin can just keep dropping fatties every, and possibly a Mossy Horror every once in a while. They have a decent suite of removals and stalls to support this style of play.

Playing a 4 mana 8/8 later on isn’t as exciting in the late game.

My point is that it can be both.

In a new Nozdormu–focused deck, his battlecry is a strong element to build on.

But he is still useful in a dragon-heavy handbuff Paladin deck as a 4-mana dragon with strong stats.

While the two Paladin legendaries may point in different directions for a deck built around them, they are not mutually exclusive. In particular, Nozdormu may be a decent filler/support card for a Talritha–dragon–handbuff deck.

Edit: For comparison, think about Highlander Finley in Tip the Scales Paladin: he’s played there not because his battlecry is good or expected to be useful, but because he has above average stats for a murloc. I’d expect the new Nozdormu to be useful in a handbuff dragon Paladin deck in a similar way. Yes, on the rare occasion you might have his battlecry available and find it useful, but most of the time he’s just a stat stick from the appropriate tribe with strong stats for the mana cost.

1 Like

Another card I rather like, works well with the “dragon in hand” mechanic , the effect is strong but not something you need to build your whole deck around, very nice synergy with the quest , in fact INSANE! synergy with the quest, double it up first time and you can drop a +6/+6 dragon that gives 2 x+3/+3 Deathrattles, which you could then duplicate, that could get out of hand very quickly.

Recently pulled a Golden Nozari so I think I mayhave to give Dragon Pally a go post expansion!

uh… its 3hp is its base stat

not given by a buff so it wont be destroyed by silence

will never be used in wild

Writing off a card because of the existence of two cards that counter it really isn’t valid

1 Like

Owl is not the only threat, there is also the very annoying mind control tech card which I see in nearly half the decks I play against.

Dragon Rider is a legit good card that supports an archetype that has not yet worked but only will work in that archtype. I’m skeptical but hopeful.

I love dragons and handbuff mechanics…

Val’anyr’s deathrattle concept.

Remember how bad Cube was back in Standard?
Exactly.

It forkin’ sucked.
The feeling when you faced a Cube Deck, I mean.

1 Like

Yeah, 400 dust to just get destroyed by a 40 dust card? Garbage tier

1 Like