New exp brings bad mechanics

maybe it’s just me playing priest. I replace a few of my spells with mass dispel and I really feel like this exp falls short in it’s card design. so many new cards gets completely destroyed with dispel and rendered useless. and with so many win conditions relying on these cards, I don’t feel like any of it can out do the current gala decks. most of the legendary just seems trash. I guess you need a filler exp every once in awhile. this one feels really bad tho. heavy swings or you instant lose…

1 Like

Yeah, i actually think Mass Dispel may get some sort of nerf or maybe it will get the early HoF treatment … Buffadin and Beast Druid gets wrecked by this card, so who knows.

These decks can be considered pretty much the reason why mass dispel has to be untouched. Some people don’t care about being hit by a 20/20 minion every turn.

Good point. However i could argue that Priest have enough removals for those decks with Shadow Word: Ruin or Holy Nova (not to mention, it doesn’t take away your Librams in the Paladin case).

But yeah, i do see your point.

except priests has 6 cards that can directly kill a big minion…

It’s not solely about killing minions. Some of these minions can’t be targeted by spells, others have recycling deathrattles and so on and on. Mass dispel is working as intended. Druids and paladins already have free wins against classes without the proper removals. Go play against them.

I hope not, you need some what of counter play vs this BS what some classes can achieve like druid and their Kaeltas turn.

Actually, if you think about it, the introduction of Spellburst means they’ve finally “fixed” the issue with going 2nd.

have you played recently? the reason priests are doing so well is because they can hard remove so many cards instantly. priests dominate against everyone now except hardcore aggro, then it’s a 50/50.

It’s not because they can that they will. When you have next to nothing worth of card draw, that is a real weakness that is exploited in many ways by aggro and midrange decks, especially now with all the card shuffling. Plus, priests gotta be able to beat some sort of deck build, yes?

my issue isn’t that priests are winning. it’s how they are doing it. I main priest and played priest for the last 3 exps. I just climbed to diamond 5 casually playing a FULL gala priest from last exp. with ZERO new cards. card draw doesn’t matter if you can constantly remove threats and gen cards in between. not to mention gala value. priests have too much removal. even hardcore priest players will agree.