New Druid/Hunter Common Spell: Resizing Pouch

Resizing Pouch
1 Mana Spell
Discover a card with Cost equal to your remaining Mana Crystals.

Really interesting version of a Discover card. It’s a limited pool, but dependent on when you choose to cast it. It really encourages you to think about when to cast it in a turn to get the best potential Discover pool for what you want from it.

Source:

2 Likes

I like this one a lot. It’s random generation with a lot of skill involved.

8 Likes

It’s alright… You’re guaranteed to play something with it. Would have been better if it narrowed down to spells. Anything neutral is all but trash, and just cause you can play something doesn’t mean it’s worth playing, especially since this card alone takes a slot in your deck already.

It’s interesting but not sure how much play it’ll see. Highlander druid might be able to find a slot for it and fast hunter decks might like it to give them another cheap threat but I’m not entirely sold on it

2 Likes

It’s probably better generated off of things like Wandmaker than run intentionally.

Maybe Druid would consider it if you wanted to put together an only spells deck to take advantage of Fungal Fortunes and Crystalsong Portal. But that’s likely more of a meme option.

1 Like

DH was lacking one thing: value generator.
This is a very good value gen; it won’t see play in an aggressive DH probably, which is a good thing

I don’t think it’s a good card. Also, this is Hunter/Druid. The fact you can get spells is an upside so it might see play in druid.

1 Like

This one is very meh. The pool is very wide when you lump in every type of minion and spells for a specific mana cost. Unlike other cards that pull from only spells or only a certain type of minion such as only Deathrattle or Battlecry. The variance is way too high for this to see any constructed play outside being generated from Wand Maker or Random Spell generation.

The pool looks limited because you can manipulate the cost but 2 problems 1 the every card of the same cost pool is very wide and 2 sometimes you just don’t have the option to manipulate for optimal cost when looking for a specific high roll. Such as turn 10 looking for Explosive Arrow or Starfall but no way to spend exactly 4 mana to play this with 5 open to get the 5’s pool.

IE say you use this with 4 mana left looking for Swipe then instead you get random 4/5 minion, 5/4 minion and useless spell.

I think top decking this in an empty hand is pretty good, whether or not it is worth running or not though idk.

Uhm. This isn’t a DH card. Its regular old Rexxar Hunter and Druid. Not Illidan Demon Hunter. Unless you meant some weird Demon based Hunter deck. Which might run this card because there aren’t that many good options to fill an entire 30 card deck for some kind of Meme “Demon” Hunter.

2 Likes

Umm…for not-meta hunters, or basically any Hunter ever, would it not be a very high chance to play this on turn 1, or on your last mana in future turns, and get a ZERO costing Lightning Bloom / Innervate?

Like, how does this not happen every time or just about? Bloom / Innervate / Embiggen / Moonfire / Pounce. 2/5 are the money cards, with 3 shown at a time, idk math anymore but the odds have to be pretty high, like > 75 percent that you’d hit either Innervate or Bloom per Resize and can help your combo deck. Embiggen probably wouldn’t hurt it either. Pounce Moonfire are just like sand in your laundry, unless it’s like Maly Hunter.

That’s what i saw when this card was put up like, what Druid can Hunter get access to? 0-cost spells. Hunter has nothing creative going on, no way to manipulate things in wild, it’s so bad, just cheat out secrets is our speed play its absolute jank. I mean Rex can’t really stay alive / disrupt things tho to combo, so, yea, dagger.

Assuming you can reliably get Inner and or Bloom off Resize:
Rexxar uses that in Tonk combo and Knuckles the 2 popular combos.
Maly Hunter would love ramp, and Moonfire ironically.
I’d try this in Mechathun Hunter since you can ditch 2x Galvanizers and Brann.
Leper Gnome Hunter is like sweet now we can do more damage / go off sooner.
I like using this to just try, i know, to get Oozeling out faster so it’s not an auto loss card on 6 mana. And mess around with Corrupted Bloods and such.

Resize helps get your Jewel / Boomzooka combo ideas out faster, like turn 5/6.
It helps obviously with Necromechanic combos, like Tonk, Birds, whatever.
Resize gets DK Rex out faster, that may be a playable idea, and if they’d update it that new wolf-legendary is a beast, but it’s expensive so idk it would be too slow.
My favorite rex idea is trying to swapping cards, or mana cost, and Ramp helps us do that better. If Loatheb was a deathrattle Resize would be super legit but then Big Priest would blow the game up and possibly big rogue if it played Sonya.
I mean Spell Hunter just got a buff…TMS on 4…while Big Priest and basically the whole meta shuts that right down lol.

The best idea is to get Mayor Nogg out earlier, which this helps, but without a 2nd mana cheat to double up with to get mayor out really early, its too slow, and/or res to get more than 1 Mayor up per match. I mean you can always go Odd and play this for ramp so your 3 cost Reader is more playable. Or your double damage HP cards or w/e are same-turnable. That lock n load thing likes 1 cost into 0 cost ramp lol. Hat hunter for sure likes this card, give your opponent hats w Zuljin. so that’s cool.

Rex really needs a deathrattle that affects wild that isn’t just damage like Tonk.
Something cooler that discards or transforms card in hand / deck or something besdies birds/weasels, or steals a late-game minion. Like “deathrattle counter your opponent’s spell” or “deathrattle bite and eat your opponent’s left most card” or something. Or raise mana cost, or deathrattle eternal servitude but not just for deathrattles or something. Either way its a 5 star wild rexxar card assuming it works as planned with a high chance to discover druid good-cards that cost nothing, since rexxar’s spells are too jank, we have to play this to get good-druid cards it’s like a tease basically. Like, lolz, look what other classes have that u don’t, look at the mana cheat that you never got we deprived u of it for so long. It actually would be funnier if it didn’t let us choose the druid 0 cost and we could only look at it that would be the ultimate tease.

You know if they’d give us anti-burn (4 cost DK rex is sorta that), and especially “shuffle the highest cost minion in your hand back to your deck” like cheap card, and cheapened our oozeling, rexxar could do some fun things. Most our mana cheat is based off not drawing combo pieces / big cards, but we have 0 cards that let us shuffle back, its like a 1/2 way developed combo system lol a halfsies. Like blizz went halfsies on rexxar combo and bailed on any form of recovery Its like they gave us an xmas gift that’s damaged and kept the gift receipt and were playing with this cracked or busted toy trying to make it work and it rattles and jingles and sh lol.

The minute they print another 0 cost druid spell, unless it cheats mana (they have 2 already) this card is unplayable in wild. But for right now ramp is like good-chance, if not great-chance, so, temporarily this card is super playable in wild rexxar, love it. That other Hunter card tho isn’t worth talking about giving random beasts lol like it doesn’t even affect the board or help you stay alive. its bad in both beatdown and when you’re getting beat up. lol sweet bro im ahead check my random beasts im getting that are not played on the board so like nobody cares about these cards where do i set them aside do you have an endtable? we dont have mana cheat so i cant do anything fast enough with these random cards, and our class lacks beast-caring cards from-hand besides kill command so like there’s no synergy going on with these random beasts lol.

in hunter, this is basically a better zephrys -and if you manage to play this for 0 mana in wild with druid, you get ultimate infestation

crazy card, is one of the top3 of the set tbh

Not really. It’s just targeted wishing. That’s like saying spiteful summoner had skill involved.

Can get, but low likelihood. There are soooooooo many 10 drops in wild. Discover is no longer biased to class. You can get either Yogg for example.

Ah, now I see.
I thought it was a DH card

After years of suggesting this is the direction to take discover, they finally dun’ done it.

Congratulations, Team 5. It’s one of of the better cards revealed.

Respect your comment, but that one is very contradictory!

Not really. Like it or not, discover effects contain a lot of inherent skill-testing. The amount, of course, varies between cards and luck, but randomness does add to Hearthstone’s skill ceiling (while also lowering the floor some).

Cards like this, specifically, involve a fair bit of skill for either player - as the opponent knows the pool of spells the other can potentially pick from.

1 Like

So random card generation = skill? Don’t think so.

Like it or not, discover != no skill