New DK, DK-Paladin Cards

The order of class reveals in the card library appear to be the different dual class types

Rare ¡ Spell ¡ Festival of Legends ¡ Destroy your Undead. Resummon them.

They are really starting to push using different Runes, this could convince me to try and make Deathrattle DK work again. I tried it before with 2 ubholy and 1 frost for draw and didnt bave horrible results

The 2 dual class cards arent up in the library yet, so Ill update when they appear but the reveal with all 3 is found here

Cold Feet really scares me, because there is no rune requirement. But specifically Blood DK and Frost DK getting multiple copies of this is gonna get reeeeal annoying.

Cool Ghoul is insane stats, but at 4 mana they might have better. Their decks are already pretty solid, I dont know what you wouls drop.

3 Likes

Great, a paladin minion that will take 4 hits to kill… what could possibly go wrong?

I forgot how the interaction works but do dual class cards kill pure requirements? I don’t remember.

4 Likes

Half answer since Hearthstone tends to be a buggy hell, but Rogue cards do not treat their dual class cards as cards “from another class”, so chances are Paladin does the same.

3 Likes

I almost vomited when I saw these, especially Cool Ghoul. You thought Pure Paladin had sticky minions BEFORE? Try giving them a better version of Bronze Warden from Battlegrounds. Goodness. I am going to despise seeing this card from Paladin. Rant over…

Dead Air is amazing. Slots into both Rainbow DK for corpse generation, and Deathrattle Unholy for Cage Head. I am definitely going to try a Cage Head deck in June!

Cold Feet is something that we’ll see a lot of from DK because of discovers. It’s certainly harder to use and probably not as powerful as increasing the cost of spells. But you can use it to prevent aggro from putting threats on the board for a turn, or you can use it to prevent your opponent from dropping down a big lifesteal/taunt to stabilize. A very skill-testing card.

Again, Cool Ghoul is disgusting in aggressive decks. Unholy will probably run it, and it has obvious synergy with Dead Air and both DK locations. Also a sticky target to receive Deathrattles from Death Growl. As somebody who really doesn’t like Pure Paladin, the saving grace on that front is that it’s a whole 4 mana, and also what would that deck cut to include this? Almost everything they already have is really strong.

All three of these are insane.

I’m really glad they started off weak with the Warrior cards, because seeing those AFTER these new DK/Hunter/Paladin cards would’ve given me an aneurysm.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I thought but wasn’t sure why I thought that. That makes sense.

So what paladin wants more than anything is a sticky minion that’s hard to remove so they can weapon buff it and hit it with 2 gardens to otk someone in the face with 1 hit.

This minion is dangerous because it gives paladin just that. Not to mention, this also has 2 divine shields so it gets buffed by the murloc more and draws more with jitterbug.

As if pure paladin needed any more fuel to their engine.

Not happy to see this.

4 Likes

Smothering Starfish stonks rising. That AoE silence would be good against a board full of Unholy Deathrattles, too…

(Remember during the FoL previews, how we (royal “we”) thought Big Paladin might be the tipping point that forced people to include Starfish? And how Starfish currently cripples everything from Enrage Warrior to Chad Warlock to Undead Priest? Yeah…)

1 Like

No, Mr Ghoul. Not cool.

I believe the requirement is no NEUTRAL cards in your deck. So no, this does not kill pure paladin decks.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, that’s not gonna work as good as people think. I play control priest with 2 shards and it doesn’t help as much as you think. Why? Because it’s not enough. Why? Because every single paladin board desperately needs a silence to hit it. Divine shield is incredibly strong, and there’s not a lot of hard removal, so you essentially need two damage removals or 1 with a silence. And you constantly need that.

And if you’ve spent your silence to deal with the incredible hard hitting buffed divine shield aggro, you’re gonna wish you had it with the garbage countess gives them.

So you can run two starfish, It’s not gonna help. 2 shards at 1 cost that’s also tradeable barely does anything impactful enough to matter.

Yeah, I get that. Pure Paladin is just one deck among many, though, and looking at a few of the other cards released Starfish might start being worth the inclusion. It already does so much work in this meta and could do even more after miniset. It carried me over the finish line in Control Warrior this month, once Enrage Warrior and Undead Priest and Chad Lock popped up after the Unholy nerfs.

1 Like

Yeah. It works wonders against unholy, warlock, shadow priest, enrage warrior, totem shaman, etc.

Stock goes up there hard. But it does pretty much squat against Pure Paladin. That’s the luxury Paladin has. Divine shield is so heavily understatted in this game it’s unreal.

A 1/1 with divine shield is stronger than a 2/2 minion. A 2/2 minion is stronger than a 1/2 with taunt. But a 1/2 with taunt is weighted equally with a 1/1 with divine shield.

Divine shield is so much stronger than they give it credit for. It essentially turns 1 minion into 2.

And now they get a 4 mana 4 minion card essentially. Lol so dumb

2 Likes

That seems to be true for the reveals today:

Hunter-DK
DK-Paladin
With Paladin-??? up next

But the initial Warrior reveal was paired with DH, which doesn’t fit the pattern, and therefore the DH reveal in a couple days can’t fit it either.

Plus, Mage is sandwiched between Shaman and Rogue, which would give it the exact same dual-class options as Scholomance. That seems pretty unlikely since the original announcement was for new dual-class combinations.

1 Like

The pure requirement is no neutral cards, so cards from other classes dobt affect it.

1 Like

Am I the only one who saw cold feet’s art, and am reminded of the two soyjak pointing meme? Poses are a little different but if you flip the right dude I see a resemblence :joy:

And good ol’ Internet seems to have a video over explaining things for everything:

The face on cool ghoul is so smug it’s as if he knows everybody gonna cry about pallies :joy:

DK-pally dual class is like taking everything people hate and putting them in one! Brilliant! :joy:

But we also know that Druid, Priest are duel class pairing, and they are also right next to each other. It is odd that DH is in the middle. It could be that rogue is pairing with warrior, then warrior pairs with DH, then DH pairs with Druid, but that might be a stretch

Yes.

Twenty characters.

Rogue-Warrior is another Scholomance combination, so that’s probably unlikely.

Priest-Warlock at the end of the reveals is another Scholo combination, again unlikely.

Plus Warlock is going to have to loop back to connect with something anyways.

And someone else will need to connect with Hunter.

As I mentioned, both Shaman-Mage and Mage-Rogue are Scholo combinations, so Mage isn’t likely to combine with either of its neighbors.

DH probably has to pair with something that appears after it in the list, since otherwise it would break the 3-cards per reveal format they’ve use for class reveals so far. So, it would most likely pair with Druid or Priest (since Warlock was one of its Scholo partners).

Mage’s most likely partners would probably be Warlock and Priest, since they’re the other caster classes. But Hunter could be an option if they want to push the Arcane theme both Mage and Hunter have been getting.

2 Likes

I don’t think the ghoul is strong enought to warrant play

Paladin already has buffet biggun that spawn two 3/1 DS when infused, and the 2/4 body. And its not played.

The ghoul could be used at 3 mana. At 4 mana, I can’t see why you’d want it.

Not sure cold feet would be used in pure paladin. because the deck that threaten pure paladin are the one that use spell removal, most of the time, not minions. but its sure is a nice tech

sighs in Ehrmantraut

1 Like

Cold Feet is another reason why Nerubian Vizier absolutely needs a “not less than 1” added to its text. The quality of DK discovers gets even better.

3 Likes