New Demon Hunter Legendary: Lady S'Theno

3/2/4. “Immune while attacking. After you cast a spell, attack the lowest health enemy.”

My rating: 2/5. Potential in Quest DH with low cost spell abundance and discounts. Aside from past OTKs, can DH ever be given ANYTHING useful?

Edit: We’ll have to wait and see. However, I will admit when I’m (probably) wrong and this card has potential, almost certainly in consideration of replies.

1 Like

I see some Fel DH thing going here

Fel DH obviously runs fel spells and likes to remove things for later pay off

New spell multi-strike is also fel, and it helps in removing minions. The property of being able to hit a minion also means when you drop Jace you have that option

This being naga also means there’s the option (though I’m not sure if it’s best) to run that neutral that draws a naga.

Not sure how rotation will affect fel DH or DH as a whole though. Studies comes to mind as a generally good card for DH.

Oh and continuation from my last comment on multi-strike…

I guess Stheno is super cleave god super cleave, or does her automatic attack make her ultra instinct

When DH goes off half a dozen spells, she be like:

I wasn’t around for the OP DH release. In my two years it has had its ups and downs, but is too often, essentially, outperformed by other classes and this saddens me as it is tied as my favorite class up with warlock.

Crossing these fingers. :crossed_fingers:

This goes right into Fell DH.

Facing an Aggro opponent? Play this and spells to clear their board.

Facing a slower deck? Play this and spells to get in some solid face damage before bursting down with Jace.

Fell DH is my favorite deck that class has ever had, so I’m really looking forward to this card.

Do you see this minion lasting with just 4-health? It seems quite vulnerable and clearly a high-value target for the opposition.

I think people are underestimating this card… quest DH can cast tons of cheap spells in one turn. This might be even better than hunter’s naga legendary.

2 Likes

If you cast three or four spells the turn you play this, it’s already done its job. This isn’t a wincon on its own, it’s a pressure card that can double as a board clear against low-health boards.

3 Likes

You don’t need it to last.

You play this and like 2-3 cheap Fel spells that you would play either way (furys, chaos strikes, the new multistrike, barrage, etc) and it’s +6 face damage.

Vs aggro you drop this and like 2 spells on t4 and you clear 4 minions between this and the spells (and you leave a minion on board that the aggro HAS TO spend burn on it to remove).

5/5 card imo.

6 Likes

Of course it doesn’t last.

It’s basically Altruis 2.0. He didn’t last either, but he didn’t have to. A single turn of destroying the opponent’s board and face was good enough.

I think people (myself included) have a tendency to see legendary cards through the prism of a win condition.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that they can serve as strong enablers of win conditions through board pressure, card draw, cost reduction, or boosting keywords.

This feels like a solid card with lots of flexibility and potential.

2 Likes

More Board Control for Fel DH? i don´t think that´s lacking, but well, we´ll see - maybe it´ll also fill in some Naga DH Deck.
Edit: ah well, it also can go face so definitely strong for Fel DH.

1 Like

This is very important to remember.

Oftentimes when a deck is good, the power cards aren’t necessarily the ones making the opponent’s portrait explode, but the ones that got you to that place where you could make it explode.

Player psychology will almost always see people complain about “the thing that made them lose” but don’t realize that a significant slice of that deck’s wins came from 3 or 4 turns earlier when they did something that put them way ahead, or otherwise way closer to their wincon without actually executing it.

3 Likes

Demon hunter has some good low cost cards that can be a tiny bit too slow, I think this is a good card with the current core set, but it’s hard to say post rotation.

That’s the card I thought of too, and that was nerfed to 4 mana, and was still really good.

1 Like

How do I best buff the attack of this to make some sort of OTK?

Maybe Reflecto Engineer/Crazed Alchemist or simply 2x Abusive Seargents, and any quest deck where you can play a ton of cheap spells.

It’s literally Flamewaker for Demon Hunter. Except it’s not random.

1 Like

Chaos Strike confirmed for the core set.

One thing to think about the Lowest Health enemy could be the opponent face.

If you think it from a different perspective, this adds “2 damage to every spell you cast”

It does have targeting restriction (targets lowest) but it can still go face, or minions.

Sounds familiar?

It’s basically Completed Q Hunter on a stick!

Honestly this is one of my favorite cards of the set. It’s versatile as removal and finisher, fits well one of my favorite midrange decks, it’s not overpowered and you don’t have to draw and hold it as a combo piece to win. It serves a similar purpose as one of my favorite cards that’s rotating, Mask of C’Thun.