New Battlegrounds reward track (and currency)

For all saying HS doesn’t make enough money, don’t forget 2 things :

1. HS and BG are in the same client, so saying BG only don’t make money makes no sense. Either you check what BOTH gives as revenue, or you make a specific client for BG. (In before someone says “but Duels/Arena don’t make money, need runestone for it!”)
    HS and BG makes players go from one mode to another, so dissociating them is just a way to screw your mind.
    Sure, BG makes less money than HS? But as a whole, it gives millions? Then who cares? Pay dev with HS money, or split the games for real, instead of such scheme.

2. Look at Activision Quarterly reports, and then laugh at Bobby Kotick.
    Here a quote from the most recent report (august 2022) :

Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard, shared, “Our acquisitions this past quarter of Proletariat and Peltarion further boost our development resources, including our artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. Even in a challenging economic environment, with so many companies announcing hiring freezes and layoffs, our development headcount grew 25% year-over-year as of the end of the second quarter. Our talented teams are planning to release exciting new Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and Overwatch content later this year. Of course, we lookforward to completing our pending $95 per share all-cash transaction with Microsoft as soon as possible.”

Feel free to look by yourself : https://investor.activision.com/financial-information/quarterly-results

edit : another good quote about how HS is so bad it needs more money lol :

Blizzard’s second quarter segment revenue and operating income were lower year-over-year but higher versus the first quarter. World of Warcraft net bookingsdeclined versus a year-ago quarter that included the launch ofBurning Crusade™ Classic,offsetting year-over-year growth for Hearthstone®and the contribution from the June launch of Diablo Immortal.

2 Likes

I used to play 2 accounts on 2 servers each,all with the perks unlocked. That would cost 80$ now which is a bit to much. So i guess it is the end of cross region play and play on more then one account.

And then the game does change a lot with the quests. One of the quest rewards even rigs the game for you (your next refreshes will be extra helpfull) in a similar way that zephrys did in standard.
I feel the quests will be very volatile and random. With a huge range of outcomes going from really good to really bad. I am not sure i will like the quests but i can a see the quests changing the game to such an extend that i dont find it fun anymore (to many big swings based on a single rng event for example). But we can not try it out first,like you have to pay first and then you might end up not liking it.

I dont think this is a good direction for the game and i think the game itself will also change because it is now beeing monetized. They will want to make the game more flashy and more spectacular,more dramatic. The first indication for this is the cookie quil combo. I think they want to add more things like that,huge swings in power based on finding one or two cards.