Nerfs are a Frack you to players!

Increase mana cost so slow down or be on curb… Quit completely nerfing, or banning cards! I’m over it… one thing I liked about old MTG was hard to change cards since they were printed and it was rare to have something banned since players were salty about what they paid for… oh wait we pay for it here. I think this is my last expansion… as far as paying you have destroyed one to many fun cards to appease the squeaky wheels.

3 Likes

Evolve shaman detected,

nerf/buff more and faster is my request

6 Likes

Some nerfs are warranted but if it kills an entire deck than the devs are complete idiots. Especially when they let other broken cards/decks run rampant. Like Rogue doing 28 damage on turn 4. How has that not been nerfed in wild?

3 Likes

What deck are you referring to? They nerfed Spectral Pillager last nerf round.

Battlestar viewer detected.

Now, the real question: classic or remake?

ok.

Far too many cards are OP, but what you are saying is none should be fixed because others are “Just as bad/almost as bad”

But a deck has to be incredibly op before 50% of the player base are playing it.

So any nerf probably means some players have a worse experience and may need to find another deck, and some players have a better experience because they were losing a lot to stupidly op deck x.

The amusing thing is sometimes people dont even play stupldly op deck y because they are all playing x. So it not until x Is nerfed that y is discovered/popularised.

1 Like

Mine rogue-----------

1 Like

There’s a fatal flaw with online card games. In a traditional card game players can just ignore that a bad nerf happened. An online card game players might have to live with a bad nerf(Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Pillager, Parrot) for years or indefinitely.

It’s only a flaw if the devs go overboard. In a well-designed digital ccg, nerfs are done with the intention to balance rather than to kill (and are also targeted at problem cards rather than whatever card the dart hits).

The list of flaws as I see as it relates to nerfs and broken cards are:

1). That broken cards were ever released in their broken state to begin with, which means the developers failed to predict that the cards would be a problem to start with, and then they failed to do adequate internal testing of the cards before releasing them.

2). That it’s common to have nerf same cards multiple times before finally fixing the problem. Sheesh! It’s like problem number happens all over again, and then maybe yet again, etc…

3). Not enough broken cards get nerfed. Balanced cards generally allow for more counter-play and strategy (skill), rather than having having games being decided by random broken BS. Hearthstone needs more “fracking,” because a better balanced game is a BETTER GAME!