NERF ZILLIAX (15 characters)

Giggling Inventor wasn’t nerfed due to it’s playrate, but because of the ease with which Quest Rogue could abuse it. This was even referenced in their patch notes if I remember correctly. It also gave a ton of early sustain to decks like Mecha’thun Druid, whereas it being 7 mana pushed back their “wall against Aggro” timeline significantly for that card.

Get off the playrate freakout train. It’s a good card, yes, but it doesn’t do anything that’s actually oppressive to the meta.

4 Likes

Being the most played card doesn’t necessary means it overpowered. It just means it is a good solid card that Blizzard printed.

If you are going to make a new thread on an already existing new thread then it’s fair game for me to bring what I said there to here:

Strong good cards doesn’t necessary mean overpowered.
Even though Zilliax is played in a lot of decks, none of those decks are like “I drew Zilliax from my deck before my opponent??? INSANE, I am going to win for sure now.”

All of the decks that include Zilliax could exist fine without it. It is just a really good support card.

1 Like

I couldn’t see in any way how Firefly and Tar Creeper would be a problem but in Zilliax’s case you’re getting an almost garenteed 6 health restoration as well as 6 damage for just 5 mana. Not to mention that it can be magnatised only heightening these stats.

…No. It guaranteed 3 health and 3 damage. Unless you’re literally just not deal with it the turn after.

S I L E N C E.

It is not necessarily a sign that it needs nerfing. And don’t call me Shirley.

Generally, “half of all decks” sounds pretty bad. But as with most stats, looking at it in a vacuum means important context is missed.

1. We are at the start of a rotation, so fewer cards are available for flex slots. This by itself means Zilliax (or multi-purpose cards in general) is likely to see more play.

2. Warrior and Hunter are already heavily rewarded for playing Mechs.

3. A large portion of decks in this metagame are midrange. For example, Conjurer Mage and Morpher Shaman are both (usually) slow-to-set-up midrange with a big swing turn (or two). Zilliax is really well-suited to those kinds of decks.

If Zilliax remains in Lackey Rogue for another expansion, then I might see the point. (I honestly don’t see it as a great inclusion; it dies to way too many things in the mirror, and doesn’t do much against Warrior as far as I can tell.)

But points 1-3 will definitely lead to it being a heavy presence in the current metagame. I think we have to at least give it 1 more expansion before we start to worry about it.

1 Like

It does if you play aggro

The only reason you don’t like zilliax is because he’s the only good healing card, assuming you’re playing an aggressive deck of course you’d win more games without zilliax existing. How about a 3/3 common battlecry heal 8 for 5 instead? (Antique healbot) I wish it were brought back to give you something to complain about.

Maybe if this meta was a little slower a card like applebaum would be good but he’s not sufficient at 5 mana.

1 Like

If I deal damage to it with a minion or my hero then it is 6 damage and 6 healing. I would need a spell in my hand to have it not do that

Zilliax is among the very very few cards which anyone can reach for to extend sustain in a positive way. Its mana cost and abilities all line up fairly for that role.

Frankly that level of playability and balance should be the standard

1 Like

So you’re mad that there’s a card that’s decent against Aggro?

From the perspective of both playing Aggro and against it using Zilliax, he doesn’t buy more than maybe an extra turn. Magnetizing to something larger sure changes that, but that is only a very small percentage of those 50% decks he’s being run in.

3 Likes

Because spells are the ultra rarity that they are in every class.

Did I mention SILENCE? You have yet to respond to this.

3 Likes

then use your backstab, SI agent, kobold lackey, or eviscerate.

2 Likes

“decent”. I wonder why so many few people play aggro then.

huh

17 characterssss

JUST WIN! FOREHEAD :roll_eyes:

No, he’s right. Stop wasting in on other stuff. If you think Zilliax is a problem, then keep cards to deal with it. He provided a TON of options and there are many more.

DID I MENTION SILENCE SERIOUSLY.

1 Like

Oh yeah, because Tempo Rogue, Murloc Shaman, Midrange Hunter and Zoo Warlock (you know, all highly aggressive decks) are seeing ZERO play.

Oh wait, those are all in the top 2 tiers.

Heck, even the aggressive variants of Token Druid are doing quite well.

3 Likes

And what if you dont play those champions?

I don’t understand what this means, but every single class runs removal, let alone neutral. E.M.P
6/3/3 Destroy a mech. Run this if you think it’s such a problem.

1 Like

But all of those decks can’t possibly exist without Zilliax, that’s the card keeping them those decks together. Without Zilliax all of those decks would be garbage