Nerf speculation

So let’s do it again!

Rule 1. Keep it short please. We don’t need a dissertation.

Rule 2. This isn’t what YOU want nerfed. It’s what you think Blizzard will nerf next week.

Rule 3. Have fun!

1. Hand of A’dal
  2. Crabrider
  3. Incanter’s Flow
  4. Tickatus
5 Likes
  1. Crabrider
  2. Hand of A’dal
  3. Refreshing Spring Water
  4. Something completely out of left field like…Scorpid.
2 Likes

If it isn’t announced soon it looks like there could be a riot on here.

1 Like

I see a lot of people complaining about scorpid so it’s not that far fetched.

5 Likes

Something fm Warrior’s deck (don’t know what) and Mankrik(though I love the card’s flavour).

Hand is fine, Rsp is Fine(only op in wild) and Tick(for the pleasure of some, but it does not need a nerf)

Something if not things in the spell mage package needs a nerf as like I said before the DoL nerf it was in fact the spell package carrying it. They’re acting like mage not using minions is somehow a drawback when one of the cards that it uses generates 3 of them for not having minions(which is fine tbh except when you make the other cards overpowered still). Spell hunter was garbage because the class was built around minions with spells to support whereas mage has the opposite effect so removing the minions was pretty easy. They have no clue about deckbuilding when they make cards as genn, baku, and most of the recent highlander cards showed.

1 Like

Incanter 100%
Crab 40%
Tickatus ???% demand was huge for him but they didn’t bat an eye so…
hand of adal 0%

flesh giant and loatheb may possibly be on the bill after seeing iksar post

libram of hope may get a good hit…heal 8 summon a 8/8 divine for 5-6 mana is absurd…hopefully that 8/8 become an oger(6/7) with divine or a 6/6 with divine…almost comparable to Siamat(7 mana rush//divine usually) and he dont heal the hero

1. Conviction
  2. Crabrider
  3. Refreshing BS
  4. First Day at school

I don’t know if my experience is a reflection of the wider meta, but I haven’t seen a Warlock for literally days, therefore I have my doubts about Tickatus,

3 Likes

Spell Hunter wasn’t garbage.

It hovered. At some points was Tier 1, other times Tier 3, and in between.

Keep in mind that the nerfs usually comes down to winrate and while people tend to hate on Crabrider, its winrate is not in the oppressive range:

Incanters flow - 100% getting nerfed. Spell mage is just too slow in a lot of matchups if you dont draw an early Incanters and Spring water is not nearly as much of an issue without Incanters.

Conviction: Is overall the game winning buff that pushes Paladins damage over the edge. Either reduce the attack gain to 2, or increase the mana cost to 2

Potential nerfs but less likely:
Field contact - increase to 4 mana
Makrik - increase to 4 mana

2 Likes

Peverin: been doing well with blessing of might over conviction…as cta pally that is

Crab is actually my high win card along the Nerub since opponent run like what…no removal ? :S can even tech in a murloc eater in wild or Zeph to deal with early crab…just like when pirate era were over the top ppl would tech in the crab eatig pirate…ppl may wanna start to tech vs Crabrider like they have vs pirate if they are angry enough with it

ppl can adapt to a meta…but ya…its hilarious when ppl just dont run stuff to deal with it XD…then i’am free to buff it cause they dont

I think Mage being too slow without flow is a good reason NOT to nerf it. It will kill the class. As much as I hate the deck, I don’t want the Mage fans having nothing to play.

2 Likes

remember what i said about nerfs depending on winrates, Incanters have by far the highest winrate of all cards in the mage deck

4 Likes

Yup, I think they could do it. But have my doubts and I don’t think it’d be right

Having said that, they nerfed scrap imp when Warlock had nothing else. And to think some people think they have a warlock bias XD

scrap imps winrate was insane tho, a deck with a 50% winrate had a 2 mana card that had a 70-80% winrate when drawn during the first 2 turns of the game

1 Like

When you get 1 card propping up an entire class, as is the case with both of these, I feel like you have to throw them a bone for another archetype, if you’re going to nerf. So maybe the mini set will bring Mage something else?

Nerfs

1. Incanter to three.
  2. Crabrider three health.
  3. First day generates neutrals only.
  4. Corrupted Tickatus burns 5 cards for each deck.
  5. Illucia 2 mana gets only a copy of the oppo hand.
  6. Il’gynoth 5 mana.

Buffs

1. C’thun’s spells 4 mana with reduced effects.
  2. N’zoth’s resurrected minions have reborn.
  3. Y’sharrj’s cards always cost 0.
  4. Mistcaller has no overload.
  5. Yogg: curse of flash(only fills your board), hand of fate(fills your hand, all your spells cost 0).
  6. Inquisitor Xanesh discounts corrupted cards as well.
  7. G’huun draws three cards.
2 Likes

Those are some spicy changes for sure.

The problem with refreshing springwater is that it potential creates extra turns with the mana refill, should that not be nerfed or is it ok considering other classes cheat mana as well.

1 Like

You have been listening to the VS podcast.

Do you actually believe this is going to happen?

As I explained in the OP, this is about what you think Blizzard will do and NOT what you want to see happen.

1 Like