My observations on the community as a whole

Honestly, im not so sure that is allways the case. There is a lot of complaining here, but there is nothing wrong with that. I also see a lot of intelligent discussions and ideas being thrown around here too. So, I wouldn’t call the forums “a toxic waste pile”. There are certainly far worse forums out there.

2 Likes

Have a Good Day

Yea the same was said about Hots and now it’s a dead game. Go look at the posts of people being banned for language some of which were beta testers since the start.

The vocal minority does not represent the entirety.

Yes, call me out. I have never claimed to be a role model, and have the history to reflect it. All I said was dont expect me to abide by your morals as they are yours alone. As Wardrum said, my comments were validated. The way you created this thread wasnt, especially with the original title.

Dont expect me to “play nice” if youre not going to yourself.

Rather than making a new thread, I decided to use this…

A Misunderstood Community?
Being on both old and new forum, I give my personal opinion of the community as a whole.

On the surface, nothing much has changed.

Post of Raging and Rants still persist, where posters creates a post, vents and leaves. Then, what follows maybe some other passionate posters to continue with the topic. Sometimes words, intentions gets misunderstood and/or posters gets “triggered” by a sensitive word/phrase. Posts get slightly more personal and causes the Ripple effect.

A new member to the community may get intimidated by the Culture already set from the old forum. They could decide to stick around to follow the culture, attempt to change the culture, or adapt to the culture.

Due to the traffic and anonymity of the forum by nature, posters that genuinely wish to contribute, seeks answers and discuss generally gets to be overshadowed by the “negative” posts.

The “well wishers” gradually feels disenchanted and may feel further contributions maybe be in vain.

Thus, a cycle of diminishing “quality” threads.

With the new forum, we can start anew. Dev teams has started with more participation, signs of Moderation seems ok-ish, there are even a section asking for feedback on how to improve the forum.

Posters that have no intention to add value and contribute will continue to do so.
Members that are new to this Forum will still come in.
Members will leave.
Posters that enjoy what they do here, will (maybe) continue to do what they do.

However, I do have a question.
The Forum seems more “quiet” recently. I can see threads with high viewership but little replies. I can see replies being “typed” on threads but then decided not to reply instead. Topics requested for discussion that is widely requested (deck discussion, deck building, etc) when created, are so poorly participated.

What is stopping these participation that we say we wanted?

As some may observe that I regularly tries to direct participation in such activity. But, am quite lost on how I can improve or enhance on that aspect. Are my topics too boring? unclear? with feedback then I can make adjustment or know if I should stop.

But till then Good Luck Have Fun :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I just had to, sorry.

Well despite all the negativity and some troll posters and the fact I don’t particularly like the format of the new forums, I’ve got to admit I rather like the Hs community!

I spent a bit of time away from the game trying MtG Arena and Artifact (lol, less said the better about that episode!), and although I really enjoyed both games I never felt I had a place to come and talk strategy/vent frustration/generally chat nonsense, I actually really enjoy seeing what’s new on here.

So thanks to all the long time posters for keeping me entertained, no forum is going to be perfect, people are people, but this ain’t bad imo.

1 Like

This coming from someone who named himself MEGA, psssh, like you’re tough or something. :wink:

(just kidding omg people stop flaggin my jokes)

I agree to fostering better communications between computer users with the power of the internet.