My observations on the community as a whole

the whole premise of this thread is you saying the community is toxic though. As a member of this community, i find it incredibly disrespectful of you to tell me that i’m toxic. We have never had any interactions outside of this thread. Your post is more toxic than the community you claim to be toxic. The way you have spoken to people in this thread is also pretty condescending, and I cant see any reason at all why people here should treat you with the respect you are asking for when, clearly you are not capable of showing respect towards us.

5 Likes

Zaxo is a god among men, he sees through the dozens of regulars on this forum, I wouldn’t mess with him, cause everyone here is trash except for zaxo

2 Likes

This has clearly devolved to personal attacks.

I’ll do you all the favor you do desperately want and leave. I honestly don’t even know why i tried. There is Literally no point engaging anymore.

1 Like

Like I said. You get respect when you give respect. You insulted the community through the use of blanket statements, you really can’t get mad when the people you insulted take a negative attitude with you.

4 Likes

Yes it has.

You said I was toxic, after insulting the whole community telling us we suck.

Don’t play the victim for sympathy.

Where is the quote of my toxicity that I asked for?

4 Likes

That does happen when you attack an entire group of people

2 Likes

I think he (quite understandably) was insulted by your blanket, sweeping generalization of an OP. Yeah, he was pretty harsh. I’ve also seen him contribute quite a bit to help not just newer players, but also more seasoned players looking for some extra perspective on an issue. He’s a big boy though, and is responsible for what he says. If he steps over the line and breaks the CoC, he suffers the consequences (and has before).

The issue at hand though is that the amount of regulars treating others poorly is incredibly small compared to the amount of outright trolls who’ve made it their personal mission to sling as much mud as possible for years now, and especially the number of players who simply want someone to yell at because they’re mad.

Refer back to my previous statement about social etiquette still applying online. If someone comes in throwing shade and snark, they’ve fully earned their share back.

In this case, you made a huge sweeping blanket statement that, whether you intended or not, applied to the entire community and was quite inflammatory itself. Not because anyone insulted was “part of the problem crowd” but because you led off with this community sucks.

You can edit your titles, by the way. You could’ve done that the entire time.

5 Likes

Btw I do think this forum is a toxic waste pile, you’re right there, but has it occurred to you that’s why I like it?

PS all everyone here is saying that it isn’t nice to start a conversation by saying “wow, you’re a sh@tbag”

1 Like

Devolved? Your first post in the thread is nothing but attacks.

You can’t devolve below 0-drop posts.

4 Likes

While funny, how dare you stain the good name of snowflipper by aligning him with this!

Honestly, im not so sure that is allways the case. There is a lot of complaining here, but there is nothing wrong with that. I also see a lot of intelligent discussions and ideas being thrown around here too. So, I wouldn’t call the forums “a toxic waste pile”. There are certainly far worse forums out there.

2 Likes

Have a Good Day

Yea the same was said about Hots and now it’s a dead game. Go look at the posts of people being banned for language some of which were beta testers since the start.

The vocal minority does not represent the entirety.

Yes, call me out. I have never claimed to be a role model, and have the history to reflect it. All I said was dont expect me to abide by your morals as they are yours alone. As Wardrum said, my comments were validated. The way you created this thread wasnt, especially with the original title.

Dont expect me to “play nice” if youre not going to yourself.

Rather than making a new thread, I decided to use this…

A Misunderstood Community?
Being on both old and new forum, I give my personal opinion of the community as a whole.

On the surface, nothing much has changed.

Post of Raging and Rants still persist, where posters creates a post, vents and leaves. Then, what follows maybe some other passionate posters to continue with the topic. Sometimes words, intentions gets misunderstood and/or posters gets “triggered” by a sensitive word/phrase. Posts get slightly more personal and causes the Ripple effect.

A new member to the community may get intimidated by the Culture already set from the old forum. They could decide to stick around to follow the culture, attempt to change the culture, or adapt to the culture.

Due to the traffic and anonymity of the forum by nature, posters that genuinely wish to contribute, seeks answers and discuss generally gets to be overshadowed by the “negative” posts.

The “well wishers” gradually feels disenchanted and may feel further contributions maybe be in vain.

Thus, a cycle of diminishing “quality” threads.

With the new forum, we can start anew. Dev teams has started with more participation, signs of Moderation seems ok-ish, there are even a section asking for feedback on how to improve the forum.

Posters that have no intention to add value and contribute will continue to do so.
Members that are new to this Forum will still come in.
Members will leave.
Posters that enjoy what they do here, will (maybe) continue to do what they do.

However, I do have a question.
The Forum seems more “quiet” recently. I can see threads with high viewership but little replies. I can see replies being “typed” on threads but then decided not to reply instead. Topics requested for discussion that is widely requested (deck discussion, deck building, etc) when created, are so poorly participated.

What is stopping these participation that we say we wanted?

As some may observe that I regularly tries to direct participation in such activity. But, am quite lost on how I can improve or enhance on that aspect. Are my topics too boring? unclear? with feedback then I can make adjustment or know if I should stop.

But till then Good Luck Have Fun :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I just had to, sorry.

Well despite all the negativity and some troll posters and the fact I don’t particularly like the format of the new forums, I’ve got to admit I rather like the Hs community!

I spent a bit of time away from the game trying MtG Arena and Artifact (lol, less said the better about that episode!), and although I really enjoyed both games I never felt I had a place to come and talk strategy/vent frustration/generally chat nonsense, I actually really enjoy seeing what’s new on here.

So thanks to all the long time posters for keeping me entertained, no forum is going to be perfect, people are people, but this ain’t bad imo.

1 Like

This coming from someone who named himself MEGA, psssh, like you’re tough or something. :wink:

(just kidding omg people stop flaggin my jokes)

I agree to fostering better communications between computer users with the power of the internet.