My graphics are broken with this update. Anyone else has this?

Don’t take this the wrong way, but don’t you think it’s a bit unfair to expect that Blizzard should support hardware that is 10 years or older? If you take part of the money you “invest” in Hearthstone you can easily find cheap hardware that will still run the game. No developer should have to support all hardware for all time. It’s just not reasonable.

2 Likes

Mine game brokened too with the same effects

1 Like

same for me ((
the game is done for me i guess.was nice to play

1 Like

This command is not working after last update. In dx11 mode, game arts is very bluring and have low quality. Screenshot DX9 graphic and DX11:
ht tps://sun9-40.userapi.com/c852036/v852036999/19b8ba/Ur00E8SLn2Y.jpg

1 Like

i have the same probleme happend after the last update plz help!

1 Like

Thank you for the update, and while I am certainly disappointed that I cannot see my cards, I understand how difficult it is( untenable, even) to make every update backwards compatible. I hope you find a resolution to this issue so I can continue to play this wonderful game. Since I started playing about a year ago I have been impressed with every new expansion, especially the last two. The play right now is SO exciting, and I’d love to be able to keep playing this game with which I’ve fallen in love.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Some of us have supported Blizzard for 10 year or longer, and helped a little the gaming platform to grow into what is today. So, you think it unfair for some of their developers to spend few hours fixing the problem we got (that we’ve never had before nor knew that it could occur in the future), but it’s not unfair those people to become totally unable to play a game they invested really a lot in?
And don’t tell me I or anybody else could easily find “cheap” hardware that will still run the game, except if you’re going to find something that does not actually exist for us, idiot. You’re the unreasonable one right here.

6 Likes

Same problem over here, shame to be forced to quit hearthstone like this oh well…

4 Likes

Goodbye to HS, game since its launch, bought adventures, spent endless hours, I have put all my friends to play, my partner, even family, and now to play CARD GAME it is impossible for me because I do not have a decent graphic Well, I sincerely looked forward to this update, calling my friends and sending a blizzard post to encourage people to come back and now I can’t play even if I want to, incredible, thanks for these years of Blizzard play.

4 Likes

Blizzard is trash. Stand with Hong Kong.

2 Likes

Twenty four hours passed since your last notice. Are you having any intent at all to fix this bad and confusing situation big part of your long-time playerbase got in after ubdating the game with your latest patch???
Or that was your way of saying we’re “throwing you away from the ship at the water” aka “screwing your over without even shame” ?

4 Likes

Well this new patch stopped anyone with an Intel 4 chip-set from playing anymore. No announcement that they were going to obsolete us. We find out from the patch and forum posts after everyone was scrambling trying to fix an unfix-able thing on the users end. We were given a wannabee fix to force DX 9 while this chip is running DX11 and ran hearthstone flawlessly before the patch was implemented. The only answer we get is. “Our team works through compatibility issues for the minimum requirements to set guidelines for what hardware will be able to handle Hearthstone. It may have been able to run previously, but there’s no guarantee that it will work if it has been below the minimum requirements for the hardware within the system to run Hearthstone.” Well when I started Hearthstone the min. req. was met and I was never advised of this change in requirements. If I had known this was coming I would not have spent money on game. I almost bought6 tyhe bundles before the patch, that would have really irked me. I hope you can fix this Blizz Developers. Here is a suggestion; put an option in for low graphics that can support us with older systems. (specifically Intel 4 chip set. You know you can but will you is the question. If you won’t at least inform us would be nice. I hate to give up on the game. It is the best CCG game in my opinion and should be accessible to all regardless of video strength.

13 Likes

Man, I was so excited for this patch and to have the excitement turn to heartbreak is a real bummer. It would be such a disappointment if I can no longer play HS on my pc.

4 Likes

Blizzard you or fix the problem or u lose some old players! You failed with this patch!
24h and no fix? this is embarasing, even for u!

7 Likes

blizz pls fix. dont be lazy

4 Likes

So will you confirm that your not going to fix this issues, I need to know cos if not I’ll uninstall and won’t have to keep checking the forums. I have paid for every expansion and every cards bundle for the last two years, Your going to lose alot of money. On a side note, do you really want to make anymore bad pr after the Hongkong thing. your losing players fast right now, just undo the patch and keep at least one part of your fan base happy. Do for now just give confirmation your not going to fix it so I can find a new game.

7 Likes

MrWolfey on the forum said Faeria is pretty cool and it seems like hearthstone. It looks pretty good so if we get too stuck we can all move over there. About £450 wasted over the years on this game but not spending for a new pc

Guys, we’ll just have to try hard with blank cards and mentalism to win games

5 Likes

Yes all my cards are blacked out. Game functions but I can’t see anything but powe/toughness and mana cost. Quest icons are blacked out and Heros speak clouds are gone in tavern, arena, solo quest and ranked and unranked play.

5 Likes

What a bummer I was playing this game on a computer with Windows 7 and/or Vista using a computer I bought in 2005. Then and Yes although older I upgrade to a computer about six years younger running Windows 7 Ultimate and after the upgrade I am rendered obsolete?!? And I agree “No Forewarning!” come on! I might not like having to upgrade but I promise I will still respect you. Now ?!? I dunno I will eventually make the upgrade who know when eventually re-install the game but I will always be looking for a way to communicate how slimy/ wrong you for doing us like that. Asks my kids I don’t let anything ever, ever, go please fix this or I will personally be looking for ways to cause untold various forms of mental pain for not doing the right thing. Which let’s face it Blizzard if you are giving us the boot w/o any warning ?!? Yeah that’s just hardcore wrong and that should earn you righteous future pain.

4 Likes