Murlocs in BG,s need a fix

You winning against low hp murlocs doesn’t prove shiit.

My 82 hp murloc build makes you mechs cry everytime. You aint on my level son.

Question ? How do you kill a murloc player before they get super strong ? Seems like maybe getting lucky of a Zerus and high rolling a 5-6 tier minion for max damage.

Nothing should have infinite attack (poisonous) or there should be a counter to the poisonous mechanic.

Call me a noob etc whatever you like but I just faced a gold brann, and murlocs with 80+ HP and poisonous EACH… Theres no way you can deal with 6 minions with 80+ HP and Poisonous.

I didnt even need the deck tracker to tell me i,d lost i knew it as soon as i saw all the poisonous.

In Constructed play you can silence away poisonous, Maybe there should be minions who cast silence or something, There is no counter to poison.

I think poison should defiantly be looked at in BGs, I think if it worked more like is does in Pokemon where its a not a 1 hit KO but more of a compound over time effect it might be more fun to play with and against.

But yeah, there needs to be more diversity down each path, I wanna see twice as man T1 minions. and you are completely right Murlocs are a problem! Especially with divine shield! #SezWhoRight

if anyone wants to BG together… HMU
:crown:ShamanKing #1511

1 Like

You need to know when to switch. Too many players pick their tribe in the first couple of turns, then try to force it to work. THEN you’re trusting to luck. A successful player plays the odds, checks out what their opponents are playing, and knows when to switch their build. And no, Bagurgle is NOTHING compared to Megasaur. Murlocs are low HP, so it’s hardly OP on its own.

lol murlocs low hp? Brann + +2/+2 and +0/3 is +10 hp. With poison you only need hp.
That plus the discover a murloc card means getting Brann equals hp buff to match most other builds.

I,m not sure how much I buy this “Murlocs are low HP” when I just faced a board FULL of poisonous murlocs and they each had 80+ HP, Thats impossible to beat unless you have divine shields on every minion and 80+ attack on every minion thats providing they didnt get divine shields on their murlocs.

I feel that there should not be a combination which is so strong that it basically becomes unbeatable because that then creates a scenario where “If you high roll into murlocs” you will be guarantee,d to win.

Sure they may be lowish hp by themselves but when combined with Brann and megasaur they become broken. I,m no pro at BG,s but even I can see when something is almost unbeatable.

High risk high paid as in real life. If you manage to build it you gonna win but this will happen rare .

Tell you what - next time it happens, post a screenshot. You realise that getting murlocs to that size isn’t something that just falls into a player’s lap, right? Poison is required when minions can grow to absurd sizes.

Anytime that a lobby has murlocs available, 3-5 people will go for murlocs (or someone will pull a crazy lucky swap at the end of the game via brann&Khadgar), 1-2 of them will hit it and 90-95+ percent of the time, a Murloc player will win the lobby.

No one is saying that murlocs are easy faceroll and every time you pick them you get first place handed to you on on a silver platter.

People are tired of seeing lobbies where murlocs are available being won by a player that went murlocs 90-95+ percent of the time. There is virtually no counter to them other than:

• Murlocs and better attack rng and having more plant deathrattles
  • Huge dragons via Kalecgos… and a ghoul… and at least one Nadina… and lucky attack rng (and you will still probably lose)
    -Mechs but you have to be even luckier than Kaelcgos dragons to win against murlocs with mechs. (and you’ll still likely lose)

Any other build it is a loss 100% of the time.

The best lobbies are when murlocs are banned. When they are out of the game, any of the other builds, (pirates, big or juggler demons, mechs, pirates, menagerie, etc…) have an actual chance.

I cannot count the number of times I have had a solid
non-murloc build (or super high rolled something) and gotten 2nd, 3rd or fourth because “oh, that player(s) is murlocs so the chance to to win is marginal (1-5%) at best if not flat out 0”

I’ve actually also beaten DS+poisonous murlocs at end-game with pirates + cannon. Granted I was also playing “bubble boy”, so the pirates had some protection…

I agree with Nightmare, That murloc have more options and more buffs available than most other classes and I feel that the Murloc tribes win far more often than others I would like to see if possible a Win Rate based on tribe comp ? I would bet that murlocs have a bettre win rate than others by some margin.

I do notice that if you have a 45% win 45% loss and 10% Tie chance the tie chance seems to happen quite frequently.

Maybe they can follow the route of TFT and have interactions between tribes so if you run 3 murlocs and 3 dragons you gain some form of a buff or osmething.

Just dont allow murlocs to have divine shield as a option, They should have some form of offset for being able ot have infinite attack.

Nah, Murlocs are fine, it takes some skill get past the mid-game where murlocs are weak.

They need to buff mechs ASAP and small buffs of Dragon and Beast. Bring the wolf back to level 5, moving it up to 6 was a huge mistake.

1 Like

If that’s true then why is it that in lobbies where murlocs are available, 90-95+ percent of the time the person taking first (and sometimes second) are playing murlocs?

1 Like

No screenshot I noticed. Again, show us all how easy it is. Play murlocs and record your back to back wins, or just admit you’re just salty about losing…

1 Like

Your “feelings” don’t matter. Post a video of yourself winning “every match” with murlocs… I’ll wait…

1 Like

The only thing you comment on is threads about murlocs like you got some infatuation with them. Clearly there is an issue with them but for some reason you just have to reply and tell ppl screenshots or videos. Not even needed when you just play the game and most are won by murlocs. Even top players say it’s Most of the wins now that everyone knows how to play them. So nobody needs screenshots to see it, we all see it when we play, except you bc you got a thing for murlocs.

So still no screenshots or videos then? Come back to me when you can offer some proof, instead of giving us all your “feelings” and “everyone knows” proto-arguments. Additionally, your “feelings” about me are about as accurate as your “feelings” about murloc builds in BGs. Anyone can check my posting history…

1 Like

You seem to be ignoring my reply to you about this request. No one is saying that THEY are personally winning every game with murlocs but that murlocs, when available win most of the time.
If 3 or 4 people go murlocs, there is a very high chance that one of those players is going to win the lobby, if I’m one of those murloc players I may go out in the say 3rd, doesn’t mean a murloc player didn’t win the lobby just that “I” didn’t win the lobby as murlocs.
No one is saying murlocs win 100% of the time but if they get top 4 there is normally a very good chance they will win.
Just played two games, got 3 with a dragon build, last 2 players were murlocs.
Second game, got 2nd, other player was another murloc build who managed to hit the ds+poison where as I lucked out and didn’t see a single megasaur.
2 games, neither of them wins for me but 2 murloc wins. You see why your request is missing the point of the issue with murlocs?

The problem is the poison.
Murlocs can easily can huge like other minions, so when they have poison as well it’s just afk for the win unless there is another murloc player.

“Ohhhhh no no no, I’M not winning all the time with Murlocs, it’s all those OTHER players” :rofl: