Murloc Shaman Adventures!

Today, I got back on Hearthstone. Been struggling at Rank 10-9 with Control Warrior.

Decided I wanted to try something new, so I netdecked Murloc Shaman. And let me just say that Lykotic was right about advertising this deck a month or so ago.

I’ve played for, I’d say 3 hours today.Started at around 2 and had a small break for around 30 minutes until I realized I have nothing better to do.

3 hours. 4 ranks. 24-14, 63% winrate. Talk about jumping on a bandwagon.

If anybody wants to get ranks in, play Murloc Shaman. Deck feels plain unfair. Be disenchanting Lakkari Sacrifice for Scargil was such a good idea. Seems far too powerful. Maybe I’ll make a post about Murloc Shaman and how it’s OP even. It’s such a brainless deck that gets far too good results.

I’m also going to publicly apologize to anybody I beat. It isn’t my greatest moment in this game, but I gotta get that Legend cardback.

And if anybody sees a Golden Morgl on ladder rank 5+ with a thematically correct Tinyfin Beach cardback, I am sorry for what is going to happen to you. (Considering you aren’t playing Druid or Warlock.)

Are you playing in Wild or Standard?

In Standard I don’t feel that Murloc Shaman is over the top strong because it can take some time to create the crazy board states; however, in Wild I’d be bold enough to state that I think it was the top deck in the meta. Not sure about post-nerf as Control might be a bit better as Kingsbane Aggro was good against it as well.

2 Likes

Standard. The deck climbed from tier 2 up to tier 1 on HSReplay as well, got I think like a 2-3% winrate boost, it’s at 55% right now.

1 Like

Yeah I won like 7 games in a row with the deck today

1 Like

Got ya, maybe the loss of Rogue from the meta has improved it that much. I for some stupid reason considered the nerf in Wild but not Standard in my last post, lol

Well… I suppose I might take a break from Token Druid and play some Murlocs later tonight, heh. I really like Tribal decks in card games and I’ll admit that my skepticism of Murloc Shaman in Standard was put to rest. I’m also really glad Everyfin is Awesome is finally good in Wild =)

2 Likes

The deck as far as Standard goes is great. Games are ~5 minutes and you can auto concede to Warlock and Druids.

It was probably Rogue’s loss that helped it because it’s just really powerful all things considered with how much it can reload. Good luck!

But I will have to play Shaman, yuck!! No thx

whats wrong with shaman?

Murloc Shaman is pretty dang good for sure now, I gave Slysssa’s build a couple trial runs and it’s hilarious.

If people think a Mage doing nothing for the first several turns then dropping a giant or two is unfair, they’ve got a pretty big wake-up coming lol

1 Like

I’ll act like that wasn’t a snarky remark to my thread :slight_smile: (I’m kidding lol)

But realistically yeah, this deck wipes the floor with Mage. Won all but one game against them.

I know right?

I feel slightly hypocritical finish (losing) a match against them with Mage going “Well that was some bullcrap” but it is what it is :rofl:

1 Like

It’s just so boring for me lol. I can never play more than 2 games of shaman at a time no matter if I win or lose. You spend a third of your shaman games praying for the right totems, another third praying to roll the right damage and the last third doing nothing because you’re overloaded. I feel like shaman has the worst class design.

Any time I get excited to play shaman I proceed to ask myself “why not play (insert class) instead?” and I have no response. Shaman doesn’t specialize in anything, there is always a better deck that does what shaman tries to do but better.

I tried Murloc Shaman already and it felt like true suffering to play, two-third of your deck are filled with neutral cards that screams at you whenever you play them. Your emotes are trash except for “How can dis be?” Most of the game you have to pray to Underbelly Angler for a win. I just don’t see the appeal in shaman, I have tried them every expansion and every expansion I get tired of Shaman by the third game.

Then there is Even Shaman =p

Old hag, get with the times.

:stuck_out_tongue: is how the :man_student: do it nowadays.

I totally blame Lykotic for the rise of murloc shaman in wild. Nobody was talking about it but him, an when he took it to legend you just know the people he crushed decided to netdeck a list.

Lykotic would be a Sliver player in MTG :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ummmm…
Yes I was. I ran it without Queen too because Brood Sliver was just better.

I knew it. Me an my best friend were discussing Modern Horizons an its new Sliver coming out. We are still bummed the cheapest sliver queen we could find is over $300 lol.

Deck is relatively safe to pilot as well, you can even be braindead and still win.

2 Likes

I joined the Murlocs!

Running the 2 Hagatha build. Swampqueen came through against token Druid with a Rain of Toads and Stormbringer!

1 Like

murloc is op,its like pirate warrior before. Its annoying lol:( The whole game decided by their opening and if you can answer within the first few turns.
I wish the deck wouldn’t exist. What is more annoying to play against:mech hunter or murloc shaman. They are very similar decks,they draw their curve and they can not be stopped or they don’t draw their curve and then you still need to have exactly the right cards to have even a remote change.

I wish both decks would be weaker,they are to good for how much effort they take to play.
And yes I also played some murlocs. Winning is fun but playing it is not really fun after a while. Dumb decks.

1 Like