Multiple Legendaries without using spells

Has anyone else experienced this from players? I just did with Kazzme he had Two legendary McGruffs that gave him multiple mana to use 20 and above health and attack minions. According to hearthstone only one copy of each legendary is permitted, but that may not be the case. This is the third time I have dealt with this from the same player.

1 Like

Some minions can give you other minions. And any such effect is not held to that same restriction. You can only build a deck with one copy of a legendary, that doesn’t mean you can only use one copy in a game. Zola the Gorgon, for example, gives you a second copy of a friendly minion with her Battlecry (which can be doubled via Brann), so you can relatively easily play 2-3 of a legendary in a single game without having to rely on a spell. (Assuming you draw them and can safely take the lost tempo to do so.) Whether that’s actually worthwhile to do depends on your deck, of course; some decks, it just doesn’t make sense for, but some value based decks find that it does.

Edit: also, I believe naming other player opponents violates the CoC on the forums, if I recall correctly.

3 Likes

1st there is no card Mcgruff in HS … Learn to use proper name if you want to make a post .

If you’re talking about guff(thats my guess on the card you meant)… Well druid have a card called moonlit guidance which allows them to disover a COPY of a card from their deck(and draw it if they played it that turn)

Which means they can have access to a 2nd/3rd/4th copy of cards if all star aligns …

3 Likes

Moonlight Guidance is a spell, so I didn’t reference that, but yeah, that’s much, much more likely. A Druid only running minions is not current Hearthstone. Either way, whether the duplicate comes from spells or minions, the same principle applies… the restriction is deck building only, not what happens after the game starts.

1 Like

didn’t use moonlight guidance.

I’d have to see a replay to be able to determine what actually happened, then. Zola wouldn’t work on Guff, since it’s a hero card and not a minion, but I suspect it was a situation where they copied the card on a prior turn and waited to play it. The likelihood that it was someone creating a copy of a card by cheating is very, very low.

I believe people are hacking the game. Way too many times do I get destroyed by a Brann, followed by 1 Astalor, the Protector, then 2 Astalor, the Flamebringer on turn 10 and the druid only has 10 mana. I’m about done with the ranked system, it seems rigged. I enjoy Mercenaries, but I won’t be paying money for this game anymore. Also, Varden is a male Blood Elf, which new-Blizz is trying to Recon.

Anub’Rekhan allows players to spend armour instead of mana when summoning minions. Its my guess that’s what happened to you, because it happens a LOT.

1 Like