Mr. Smite NEEDS to be HoF OR Drastic Nerf

-directly quotes poster, then responds.

“I wasn’t talking to you.”

Obvious bot posting lies are super obvious.

Again:

Several cards don’t make sense imo:

1. Lady S’theno shouldn’t be able to attack while frozen.
  2. Immovable Object should lose durability after attack.
  3. Mr. Smite should give pirates RUSH not charge.
1 Like

Yep. I think this is a good point. So where Smite may have been ok as a Warrior card or a Rogue card (or even a dual class card), the problem is with the buff classes having easy access to it.

Not at all. I think your point about the buff classes is a good one and I appreciate you engaging in the discussion. I hadn’t seen anyone specifically mention the buff classes, which I agree creates a unique situation with Charge minions.

Yes, I agree. It’s not nearly as easy to get a lot of spell damage as it is to get a minion buffed in your hand.

I think the “forced attack” mechanic has always ignored the freeze effect, so Stheno seems to be consistent in that regard.

I wonder if that’s how it worked originally. Otherwise, why give it 5 durability? Why not 3? or 1? There is the Bloodsail Corsair Pirate in Wild that removes 1 durability from the opponent’s weapon, but I think it’s unlikely that the durability is based on that card. So maybe they originally wanted a durability loss when attacking, but decided against it and never bothered to change the durability from 5.

2 Likes

Yes forced attacks usually do work if I recall, I believe cards like Hysteria also work while frozen. We could be wrong on that, or Stheno is weird because it also has an Immune while attacking tag.

Ya I get why the Immovable Object is immune from durability loss. I think the 5 durability is designed to give people who play cards that destroy a weapon an X happens more value.

It is annoying with the only counter really being, in standard, Viper but its tied to only one class and making it an 8 drop should help. But unless your deck has only enough fuel to do 30ish damage quickly and heals/board clears make you auto lose you were already losing to a myriad of other decks, mostly control or classes with clears and heals.

Mr.Smite – Charge changed to RUSH
Can no longer pop out of juggernaut

Fixed. Charge has no place in hearthstone standard anymore.

Charged devilsaur is perfectly balanced make SMITE like this but give pirates RUSH and remove CHARGE from the text box.

See THIS? They can fix it to this EASILY. KNOW why it is not played? NOT OVERPOWERED AF. That is all.

NERF NOW

He Just got Nerfed. And Nellie also got nerfed so no more 1 cost Smite. I never felt this card was an issue. I had no issues with him being 6 mana. I know lots of people did, but meh. I just anticipated the play and just expected it most of the time which is why I guess I never had an issue with it.

but it does in smite ! i only seen paladin playing it after the nerf so i guess this time you lost to a buffed smite

Now is your chance to show us that you are not a hipocrite, and prove your claim!

just nerf to charge into rush.