Mozaki, another empty board OTK

Mage empty board, me 30 health, keep my board frozen for several turns.
Nothing I could do.

How is this different then hunter boar buffing, charge being nerfed, etc, etc

1 Like

You see, it’s okay when Mage does it.

3 Likes

mozaki mage has plenty of counters, the current statistics for the deck is a wooping 40% winrate

You don’t need data from every player to get a decent idea of how good or bad a deck is. Sure, you would ideally want as much data as you can get, from as many different types of players as you can, but just because not everyone uses deck trackers, it doesn’t mean deck tracker data are bad.

1 Like

The most popular Spell Damage Mage deck in HSReplay right now has 4200 games recorded. You don’t need to wait sixty days to have enough data to judge a deck, particularly since places like HSReplay generally show seven days worth of data.

And if the issue is that the deck isn’t refined enough to be judged yet… well, that’s true. But if we don’t have enough data to say the deck isn’t OP, then we also don’t have enough data to say that it is.

1 Like

you do need much more time because meta is evolving very fast right now no matter how many games recorded

also something you seems not to understand, hsreplay compares all decks in a pull manner and this crossing is not relevant because stupid decks or bad gameplay inject such noise that only big difference like best class vs worst class have some significance

only competition data are good even less numerous

Sure, but then you can’t say that Mage is OP either, since the meta is, in fact, evolving.

1 Like

I am not saying mage is op nor that priest is op. Actually you have a problem to understand why people ask for priest changes right ? I can try to explain to you. The problem with priests is not the winrate but most of their mechanics which are just not ok. In order to explain it better, let me give you an example: there are currently Druid decks that can go for OTK T1 to T3. Of course, this happens very rarely and their overall success rate is bad (it is not the OP druid deck), but you should agree that OTK T1 is just bad. There is no strategy available that your opponent can do against and that is boring. The mechanics of the priests are not so bad but close. For example, anything that steals opponent cards or a hand or repeat enemy moves is bad because there is no good strategy against. Your opponent needs to optimize their deck and prepare winning hands or he will lose, but this gives the priest an opportunity to steal. Of course, the priest may or may not have the cards that steal other cards or a hand and that’s why the winrate is correct but the problem with this mechanic is that the opponent doesn’t have any strategy available against it. He cant afford to have bad deck or keeping wrong cards in hand. He’s just a spectator and it’s boring. On the otherside, Aggro mechanics is ok because you have counter control strategies, control is ok because you have late god decks, midrange is ok because you have aggro, big hands you have cards like glide , etc. Rogue T3 8/8 is just as bad because there isn’t really much you can do in the T3 for many decks.
This is why bad mechanics need nerfs and changes. It is Blizzard job to up other mechanics in order to keep correct success rate
Also it is not because a class is on the top of the winrate that it has to be nerfed because there will be always someone on the top. Problem is when winrate get too high. LAST dh nerfs were stupid because yes dh was on the top but winrate was lower than what hunters and pals got after that. And after the other needed nerfs dh was completely fine. Everybody had strategies against DH. No bad mechanics anymore (Altruis mechanic was bad initially because of the same problem: oponent has no available strategy against, but after nerfs this combo has much less power and is not game changing, it comes later so opponent can prepare to rebuild board or to absorb damages). I saw a priest who stole the DH hand with altrius after skull, this is completly not ok, the power of this mechanics is so strong that it decided the game and at the same time opponent cant do nothing especially not keeping skull when it was the only card he had to play.

2 Likes

Why are you bringing Priest up? This thread is about Mage.

1 Like

lol funny you did not get the point, sry I tough you will be able to see it. The problem here in this topic is the same there is no problem with mage win rate but a bad mechanic that allow permafrost. You can’t see further than the winerate for you this is the only truth. I showed you the counterexemple of the druid otk t1 that also have bad success stats

I didn’t bother reading past the quote to be honest. Thread is about Mages, you start talking about Priests, I didn’t see the point of reading any further.

1 Like

that is a good way to avoid troubles when someone realise he was wrong, saying I didn’t even read you

Mozaki decks have such horrendous winrates that it’s hard to blame anyone but yourself if you lose to it. It’s a meme deck.

Mage has a 43% winrate as a class overall, the worst of any class, and Mozaki decks are one of the worst performing decks within the archetype.

If anything, Sensei Mozaki needs buffing to not be meme. Doesn’t she say she will show us how it’s done?