Most polarizing topic ever the "game design"

This game has frustrated me from the very first day I tried it in Beta.People told me "well it’s a new game give it time"but fast forward and it feels like the game is just worse MUCH WORSE.
First of all I come from years like idk 12+ yrs playing MTG so maybe I am spoiled or biased I don’t think so because I quit MTG for a few reasons I could no longer accept.

So now on HS the game is SUPPOSED to be player vs player game otherwise why have two players why even have online?
The game design is actually NOT player versus player it is anything but it is actually more the anti player versus player.You can NEVER react on the same turn to what your opponent does so they get FREE uninterrupted plays a non player vs player environment.
This has SEVERAL flaws built in one being the better deck has a HUGE advantage and two the game is just a RACE to do your own thing with little care about what your opponent is doing but not like you can do anything about it until it is already TOO LATE dmg done.
So IF I was going to accept this solo type design there could be no DD that means no spells going to face no charge dmg because I mean geesh the obvious I can’t do anything about it.So WHY am I sitting on the other side of an opponent if I can’t do anything about it ,makes no sense.
W/o getting into a novel yes the game has that many flaws the lack of answer cards is HORRID.This game NEEDS a sideboard and I stated this long ago before the powercreep design showed it’s ugly face.
There are so many ridiculously powerful cards there is no way a player can have several silence several cards to kill 20/20’s or similar several aoe board wipes for the powercreep broken plays it is like again just a RACE to do your more broken stuff before the opponent does theirs.

I sure wish this game would show some positive change ETC does VERY little and everything else is just filling in time until the next card pack sales go live.

1 Like

learn to handle losinga game eventually…even if takes another 8 years

1 Like

If hearthstone lacks the interaction and balance you desire and mtg is subpar for some reasons as well (I don’t know your exact reasons but there’s a lot of valid ones to dislike mtg for), there’s lots of other ccgs out there. Any idea what you’re looking for?