Molten Giant Rewording or Rework

Molten Giant
20 mana
Neutral
8/8
Description: “Cost (1) less for each damage your hero has taken.”

What the card doesn’t mention is that if your hero is healed it adds mana cost back to it. If this is intentional, i feel it should be added to the description. If this is not intentional, this effect should be taken away. I don’t care which, just think that the card is misleading as it only specifies you taking damage changing the cost nothing about the inverse.

1 Like

Its a very old card, and while healing powers and spells and such have always existed, I think you are correct in that it is slightly not accurate in what it says reduces it’s cost. To be more accurate, it’s cost is reduced by the amount of health your hero is currently missing (from full health, armor not relevant). if it is meant to work the way the words on the card say, you could take nearly fatal damage from 35hp down to 1hp and go back to full health, and using the current text, I would expect it should still cost nothing as I did take a lot of damage this game already (healing back to full health doesnt change that I did take all that damage).

But the way it’s working is as intended I believe, so the wording should just be changed to say “Costs 1 less for each health your hero is currently missing.”

3 Likes

Wait till you find out how to put this card into a paladin deck and then play order in the court… followed by holy wrath

Shirvallah would be better, surely

It used to be but something something “balance” and so we have the card as it is now, unfortunately