Mobile app infinite loop bug [Main Thread]

Mobile app on IPhone problem. Infinite loop

I am infinitely stuck on the menu that pops up when you first open the game. The two options are “sign in” or “I’m new”. I’ve tried pressing both buttons, the game loads for about 3 seconds then it pops back up.

I’ve redownloaded the game about 10 times, restarted my phone plenty and I get the same result.

I used to play years ago and wanted to redownload and play again but can’t get past this point.

Any suggestions? The troubleshooting suggestions don’t seem to work

*my iPhone 12 is updated, the app downloaded all required updates, nothing seems to work.

19 Likes

having same issue and getting tired of it

1 Like

Same thing. Sick of this

1 Like

Same issue on iPad Air 2, iOS 15.7.3.

Infinite loop of Sign In. When I tap the sign in the sound effect of a new page loading up occurs. Nothing displays and prompts for Sign up/in again.

1 Like

Same issue here on my latest ios version ipad mini 5

Funny thing , on my android and pc i dint have this problem but my progress was not combined/linked

So now i can’t play on my ipad and i have to start over while playing on android

1 Like

And I thought I was the only one having these problems. Hopefully enough people post to this thread. And blizzard will pay attention to the problem.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve tried several different fixes but nothing seems to work.

1 Like

How is it that its been 5 day and no reply whatsoever from the official side??

Anyone know where can i go to raise this issue up ?? Because i play almost exclusively on ipad mini so this have impact me greatly

1 Like

I thought they would fix this glitch on this new update but turns out the only difference is that looping is faster than before LOL

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this bug. Doing just a little bit of research has proven this is a “known” bug for several years… I just want to play on my phone

1 Like

Also having same issue after deleting and restarting multiple times on ios

1 Like

Same here. Tried doing just cell data. Tried waiting for hearthstone to download whatever data it needs in the background. But still, can’t get pass it.

I checked the App store review and I see people complaining about it as well. I thought maybe it was because of a new app update yesterday but it looks like this has been happening before.

1 Like

Same issue on my phone.
iPhone 12
iOS 16.1.2
Hearthstone version 25.4.165029

1 Like

Same issue. iPadOS Version 16.3

1 Like

I guess bLizzard can just close and lock this thread if the support team have no intention to reply at all

Unplayable issue and yet 0 response at all

Jesus christ,i am not expecting them to miraculously solve every issue but when there are no response at all i really wonder what is the future direction for this game

2 Likes

Bumping again. I have an iPhone XR that still has this issue.

1 Like

FIXED

I read somewhere to disconnect from Wi-Fi then open the app. When I did, it asked me if I’d like to continue the download using cellular data. Strange because I’m positive I had updated the game when it installed because the bar at the bottom finished up the download before the loop started. Nonetheless, I allowed to to continue with cellular data and it broke the loop! I got to the main screen where you select a game mode. Hearthstone button was greyed out while it finished downloading the resources. To speed up this process, open the game menu and find the option that allows resources to download via Wi-Fi and re-enable it. Once the resources download completes, you can play again. If not, it will tell you the playful sprites message and ask you to restart. It worked for me even after that restart.

*This has fixed my game which hasn’t loaded in 5 years or more. I hope it helps you as well!

See my answer. Hope it helps

Fixed with my solution I’ve just posted.

I cant try your solution unfortunately as my ipad model is wifi model

3 Likes