MMR matches are [not really] broken

All right so as I’m not able to respond in my own theme I’d have to create a new one.

I’ve been experimenting with the new system and created a new account. What I’ve got in result is I have had only 3 bonus stars so I’m at silver 5 with no bonuses right now and only two decks - insanity and pain warlock. While those deck are quiet good I struggle to go forward because:

• my MMR is high and I play against D5+ ppl. I know that because I’ve friended few of them to check this info
  • all the decks are netdecks and people are fighting for their rank ups
  • lots of golden hero powers, people know their classes (for example I’ve got my 500 hunter wins after at least 6 times in legend)

So I’m in an “ELO Hell” as they call it in another games. My push forward is now not silver->gold->platinum->diamond, but diamond5 7 times in a row to get to the legend. I have to have winstreaks against D4->D1 constantly just to get to gold 10 and in result the monthly rewards for them and me won’t be equal.

So the question I have is will the bonus stars be given based on MMR or ladder push will forever become unhealthy and toxic? Don’t get me wrong this is not about having easy wins but having 7 D5+ pushes during one month sounds quite hardcore and time consuming which leads to huge timegate just to get to basic ranks. The funniest thing is MMR has a floor so you can’t really tank it down to bots or whoever is sitting there, believe me I’ve tested this as well.

In result I strongly believe the system is flawed and have to be rethought as it punishes you for wins and locks down in the rank for no real reason.

P.S. I just like to test new staff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As you should have already understood from my reply to your last thread, keep playing and the MMR will find your true rank

The less games you have played, the more sensitive the MMR is to change

If you just kept playing like 20-30 games, you would have a lot easier games

You get stars when the season is already finished, so until it’s done, there’s no point in talking about stars. If you hit legend this month, your rank will reflect your MMR and that will decide the amount of bonus stars you get.

If you don’t hit it, you probably haven’t played enough, or don’t really deserve it

1 Like

portraits arent bassed on mmr

1 Like

You seem to miss my idea - my current rank does not reflect the level of games that happen and that’s the issue.

I have about 60 games played already and they don’t change so far and competition level doesn’t tone down. It is not about immediate legend at all but about D5+ ppl that actually gatekeep this new account from moving forward from basic silver rank. I have no bonus stars so with 50+% winrate it is stuck at silver forever and that’s the point. Of course eventually I’ll rank up a bit just to move to gold 10 to continue the same road again and again.

Main question is - is it fair to say that someone doesn’t deserve gold rank when he have to fight with Diamonds all the way? And the answer to this question is what bothers me.

Again, this is just a test of the system. I see that people tend to think that I’m tilted or something but I have my legend on this account and just do that out of curiosity. Just trying to make this point clear.

The thing is, I just don’t buy it

It’s possible they screwed up the formula for cases like that, but I highly doubt they screwed it up that much :slight_smile:

Also, even before, when it was unnaturally easy to rank up with a fresh account, it was impossible to do with less than 90 games

More than 100 is expected

60 is still not enough to pass judgement on the new system

1 Like

If they consider novice path results as the baseline value for MMR then it’ll actually explain it all as you’d get out of it with 100% winrate for sure just as I did.

My son is going to finish it soon so I’ll check what kind of games will he have being out as he can’t read yet and lost a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

MMR starts getting calculated when you play your first ranked game

But at that point it’s very sensitive

Like, when you have 1 win 0 losses, it’s 100% winrate so you get matched to possibly a top 10 player on the server

When you have 1 win 5 losses it should be a silver ranked player

When you have 5-5 it’s around diamond V, as that’s where 50% winrate players get stuck the most

It’s just ultra-sensitive

Play more, talk less, that’s the name of the game

It’ll come around

This is 100% not true.

This system is highly flawed and punishes you for playing well before you rank up.

If you already have 10 or 11 stars you won’t really notice anything different.

If you didn’t already have them, you’re looking at hundreds more games to get to ranks.

It’s simple math - there was no effort to force 50% win rate when you were out of bonus stars, but now the better you play the harder the MMR pushes you down.

Oh, well, pack up everyone. Time to leave and move on because Altair can’t see it from his house so it doesn’t exist.

You realize it’s actually designed to go down slower than it goes up, right? That it can only drop so much at each monthly reset to avoid people tanking on purpose?

It may come around… but after months of games and no rank rewards because like the op says you’re in MMR hell, grinding low ranks like they were all D5-1.

This change is just another reason to uninstall and walk away from this trash company.

Legend will finally mean something in the future :slight_smile:

No more hitting it last few days of the month and acting like you’re as good as people doing it in the first few days of the month

It’s an entirely different game at the beginning and at the end of every month - games used to be literally free last few days because you were only matched with hardstuck diamonds

Now, it’ll mean something when you get that legend (if you get it)

Eh, someone got triggered xD

No, it will still be what it is because everyone who already has 10 or 11 stars will just camp there for free like they do now.

I just thougth that if they’ll give not 3 but more bonus stars based on MMR in the end of the month then it’ll be less hard to rush through the lower ranks next season and rewards are not gatekept forever.

That may make sense at least and definitely could be a bandaid fix for the things I describe. But I’ll have to wait for the end of the week to check that obviously.

Stay tuned. :wink:

P.S. I’d appreciate if someone could leave a comment so I’d be able to respond next time I’ll get back with new info.

You can just edit your own post, actually.

Of course but topic is not moved up in the list then and is lost at the bottom.

Oops, I’ll use a new comment now. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Just click the like button and move on for now, ha.

1 Like

I love those everything is rigged threads. XD yes yes! Legend is a scam. I payed blizzard 50 bucks to get me to 1700 Legend eu.

I’m not triggered.

You do this all the time.

If it isn’t your experience you dismiss it. You do it with data, you do it everywhere.

I’m sorry pointing out the facts of your behavior makes you think people are triggered.

The reality is the new match making system blows donkey appendages and will ruin the game for many players. I’m happy to be wrong, but my experience is that I’m in MMR hell right now. It shouldn’t be this hard to get back to the rank you had the month before, and my current climb is flat D5-1 level bull despite not being at that level nor wanting to play those games at all. The game is literally trying to give you matches that get harder the more you win at all ranks now.

1 Like

“…harder the more you win” is EXACTLY what a rank system is supposed to do. You face better and better opponents till you hit a 50% winrate. You’re literally complaining about a ranking system being a ranking system.

3 Likes

But HAZAMA…when I was racing in my car and was in 32nd place, getting to 15th place was so much easier…then it’s like suddenly the cars became harder to pass…it makes no sense at all! How can moving UP in position mean the next position to over take is somehow HARDER?

I’m genuinely confused at people who take that line of reasoning. The entire point of literally every competition of all time ever is that the more you win, the harder it gets.

3 Likes

Those games have teammates, where the accusation is that you’re good enough to deserve to advance but can’t prevent your own teammates from holding you back.

It’s nonsense in those games, but it fundamentally can’t exist even in their twisted logic in a single-player game.

The only thing holding you back is your refusal to acknowledge the gap between your perceived skill and your actual performance.

1 Like

Mand, so you literally want to say that once I’ve switched from main account with legend on 7th day of season I’ve became a silver 5 player, am I correct?

Shyla, competition itself is fine but I’m saying that with current system you have to race against positions 5 and 6 just to become 31st out of your 32. Your results against 31st and 30th are not even counted as you don’t see them around (like ghost). Yes, they exist, but not for you.

Whatever I say it feels like I’m not being heard and ppl continue to play the old “haha rigged” game while I don’t even state that and try to explain issues with the system which are being seen during the test. Try to understand finally - I don’t care about results, I may relog at any minute and I do and I actually win there. Please stop reading with the ego-glasses as I can’t care less and just gather the stats.

Come on, ppl.

1 Like