Microsoft deal unlikely

ht tps://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why-microsoft-69-billion-activision-050000869.html

“The CMA’s decision is key because if it chooses to block the deal, there is little recourse for the companies — UK courts rarely overturn a CMA merger decision,” said Jennifer Rie, an analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence. “Conditions will have to be thorough, beyond just licenses for Call of Duty,” she said, adding that “an unconditional clearance is unlikely.”

1 Like

I’m generally very pro Microsoft for this merger, but if ATVI had to spin off Blizzard as a separate company I would be all for it!

2 Likes

I personally think this is a dumb decision and is in part due to Sony not being able to match the value to consumer that Microsoft would (game pass). Exclusives or not, Playstation would NOT have the means to make games as accessible with their current setup relative to the Xbox versions.

I wish Sony would just open their exclusives to PC. For new games, as well. Maybe a couple months after console release. Okay. But I’m at the point I’m tired of having to pay a $400-$500 tax to play a handful of games when my PC outpaces the system.

I know they’ve slowly been adding older games from their catalog to PC, but I’d like to play Spider-Man 2 on my computer less than a year after release.

Our gov’t makes its decisions based off what their portfolio has in it, and who has paid them the most money.

1 Like

Nonsense: you’re anthropomorphizung “our gov’t” into a singularity that doesn’t exist, as such.

so microsoft the one with more money …payed the goverment to stop the deal ?

not quite, and you really should set your pro company trolling to “0.”

not really, though it doesn’t surprise me you would act as a spokesperson or representative for corrupt governments as well as corporations.

Though nautika probably could have worded it better, “government(s)” individually (the people in them) and collectively have holdings. Land, money, investments, etc.

There are people, interests, OTHER governments who also have a hold on your respective governments in the form of debts, investments, let’s call them “donations” to individual politicians and their political parties, as well as let’s call them “organizations” and “charities” these politicians care about and belong to.

All of these investments, like an individual’s “portfolio” absolutely has real power over the decisions made at local, regional, and national level decisions.

If anyone thinks it’s an accident that these scummy mega corps make mega donations directly and through PACs (for you usa folk) and it just so happens the politicians just so happen to make decisions to benefit the companies…you probably think that a lot of good fortune just happens to befall important people at just to right people at just the right time for no reason at all, and maybe you should play the lotto more often, and stay inside during lightning storms.

A good example of this is the donations made by actiblizz and members of its board to the state governor’s campaign (more than once), who just so happened to interfere in the workplace harassment investigation (to the point the DA and his assistant resigned in protest).