Mercs Speed Ties

When plating Vanndar and Deathwing, both of their #1 abilities are speed 7, but if I select Deathwing to attack first and Vanndar to go second, Vanndar will still go first. Vanndar is also the left most Merc and Deathwing the center when this happens.

4 Likes

Not yet included on the known issues list but seems to happen for various people. Cheers for sharing, this seems like a frustrating one if your comp depends on the correct order.

1 Like

Same problem here, seemed to me that reselecting their abilities in order a 2nd time after selecting other mercs’ abilities made it more reliable but still doesn’t always fix it, especially if there’s 3 or more ties, please fix asap this is a fundamental part of mercenaries!

2 Likes

apparently they changed it so speed ties always playout in our mercs favors but it seems this isn’t without its own bugs in messing with order between our own mercs.

I only found this out because of the loading screen with the “helpful hints” obviously no mention in patch notes.

1 Like

Yeah for ties your mercs always go first in bounties which is nice but as far as I can tell ties among your own mercs is now random instead of the order you queued them which is annoying. Not sure if this is intentional or not. It doesn’t match what the UI shows and would be a bit of a nurf but since they didn’t mention the other change who knows.

1 Like

wow i had no idea though if it says before enemies doesn’t explain the discrepancy between own characters? 1 thing i noticed guys is this may only be a problem offline in campaign (in the fighting pit it seems as it used to be, probably cos the UI update isn’t there atm (still shows ties as 2nd? 2nd? like it used to)

When you think those clowns can’t f’up this game even more

1 Like

happened with me too, ragnaros 5 speed fire attack and balinda’s fire elemental 5 speed fire attack speed tie randomly resolves, it specifies with number that rag will move AFTER the fire ele but the reverse happen when you end the turn

1 Like

it specified bounty encounters - where we’re playing against AI - player vs payer you can’t have both players go first.

1 Like

Ah, this explains why my fire combos are messed up lately. I was depending on Balinda’s elemental to cast the first fire spell and it wasn’t always.

1 Like