Mercs probably officially abandoned;new Format in the works?

Blizzard officially reported that Mercs no longer counts for credit on certain quests as it used to be; it was done on purpose; they got out of the way to say “nope don’t even play Mercs for that quest”.

So I wonder if a new format is in the works; kinda how Duels was put aside; what do you think a new Format might look like?

I would be very surprised that a brand new mode were in development
When stopping Mercenaries support they had no plan to replace it, they didn’t even do the minimum bug fixes they said they’d do, and some mercs have been ever bugged since
Duels has been explicitely replaced by Twist, if you expect “new” stuff it would most likely be there
Looking at the last game modes that got introduced, mercenaries is just a gatcha rip-off, duels was just a pvp dungeon run, battlegrounds is an auto-battler that arrived late to the party, twist, for most seasons, was an uninspired tavern brawl
Even if they do innovate at one point within these modes, it’s been a while since they produced an original game mode.
So if you want an idea of what can come next, check out what’s working in the mobile game industry

3 Likes

I would say GENERALLY in the industry of simpler games like this.

I was thinking of PAPER MARIO. HS cards as paper mario.

Where was that reported? Thanks.

Mercs is the only mode I’d play at this point, because it’s abandoned. There’s zero chance of them ruining Mercs.

1 Like

The marketing guy at the subreddit (RidiculousHat) inferred it’s true, when someone asked if it’s intentional there’s no credit for the quests any more. The reddit thread title is “Blizzard actually disabled the only thing Mercenaries was still good for” (I can’t post URLs).

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1f4o7eh/blizzard_actually_disabled_the_only_thing/

2 Likes

I know, but that’s evading a restriction most of us have. I’d rather tell them “google the title”.

omg I just realized I have 2 mercs in the training grounds for over one year now. Maybe it is time to pick them up.:see_no_evil:

Many people love mercs in the first place but noticed the state of the game is like in a alpha version. They made litterally dozens of fine proposals for enriching the game play. the only thing blizz came up with, where more buyable heroes, though.

its a shame.