Merch Seller Bewilders Me

What is the point of this thing? It gives your opponet cards (albeit at random but still! The chances of spell being useful are higher then whiffing)

The point is shenanigans. It’s a type of disruption, but actual usefulness will depend on what other decks are in the meta. For myself, I intend to recreate my wild “gift priest” deck, where I play a bunch of cards that either add cards to my opponent’s hand/deck, summons minions for my opponent, or swaps cards with my opponent in some way. It’s not for winning, just for playing around, and it makes me laugh.

1 Like

Oh I see I was like “I don’t think there many cards available in standard to steal units and he doesn’t have much hp to begin with so it won’t last long…”

but is more likely they want to pull something from their decks more

if is a combo deck drawing a random spell instead of thinning their deck for a combo piece is something they dont want

1 Like

Just want to point out this has use in wild & duels as well. Bombs count as spells, so it’ll give more consistency for those cards/hero power.

Yes, but Merch Seller adds a random card to the deck, it doesn’t put a random spell already in the deck to the top. And when a random spell is created, it’s always a random collectible card (unless it states otherwise), and Bombs aren’t collectible cards.

2 Likes

Well I don’t plan on getting it just curious if you meta ppl have an idea.

1 Like

Really? Now that is interesting. I’d just assumed it was something already in the deck.

Definitely see the potential for shenanigans with that

1 Like

Translation: I want to make people mad, so I play decks that don’t want to win but seek to maximum troll my opponent.

You seem like quite a nice person…

2 Likes

It’s a bad deck that almost always loses. I’ve gotten several nice friend requests after games with it. I always imagine my opponents laughing and wondering what I’m doing, but I can’t control how they feel about it.

1 Like

“I go around kicking people in the face, but it’s not my fault if that makes them upset”

Lol, glad you’re strong enough to own it.

in wild i play towaggle with psychemelon and guff is fun to see what i can pull with it after ramping as fast as i can to 12 mana

like shudderwocks from a shaman deck

and the new legendary is going to make this so easy cant wait to try it !

2 Likes

I should probably stop playing Hearthstone altogether just to make sure I never make my opponents feel bad in some way

RIght, that’s the exact take away everyone got from my statement.

Clearly there are no alternatives to your solution.

lol, whatever.