Mercenaries Cutthroat Negotiations

For Hooktusk. So let me get this straight. I leveled up the bleed to rank 3. I worked for hours trying to get the equipment that heals when used on my friendlies.

Two things; 1. Didn’t realize it still bleeds your friendly. 2. Why the hell even bother leveling up the bleed part!!??

REALLY bad design. The best way to use this would be to keep the bleed at rank 1 and max the heal. After all, the main objective is to change the role for burst damage or defensively. This discourages someone from maxing this merc, as the bleed does too much damage to be worth it in a fight lasting more than two turns. Think about it; you can’t use it until you need a heal in turn two, So it’s discouraging it’s use on turn one. By this time you could have been burst down.

Is this as ridiculous as it seems in play?

Edit This is very strange. I had done two runs with this new equipment and had the same results. I then made a third run, trying to determine if I should scrap the entire build, when I realized it was no longer bleeding. I made absolutely no changes at all. I’ll continue to test this and determine if there is a bug.

Further testing shows that it bleeds if the friendly is at full health. It does confirm the equipment is not nearly as useful as the description indicates.

1 Like

Nothing strange here, behaves exactly as documented.

And why not? You’ve got better plans for those coins?

You could also use it on an enemy, you know. :smirk:

One more thing: it used to be at speed 7, then got buffed, but now the healing part, which also negates the bleeding in an optimal-case scenario, is a bit awkward if used immediately, since your merc is unlikely to be damaged at speed 2 (see also some more explanation below).

Ridiculous I say. Ridiculous’.

There is absolutely nothing strange here: bleeding is removed by healing, see also this for more details.

Why the condescending and narcissistic tone? I noticed that in a few posters here. It’s interesting that one doesn’t have to go far to find a sociopath on the internet.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, literally nobody insulted you, yet here you go raging and calling random people names. Who’s well-adjusted and who’s less so, then? :grinning:

I had put some good amount of real money into mercenaries last year and was a few times ranked 1 with 14k mmr before the bots took over. That game mode was so much fun even the grind as i had every merc and skill maxed.

Cutting ties and leave the mode behind was hard but one of the better descisions i made.

Sry for not adding any good input to your topic as i still miss the first 3 months of mercenaries.

I have a feeling it will come to that soon for me. There are some really fun comps that I put together, but the issue is that there is a clear distinction between which mercs were intended for PvP and which were intended for PvE, greatly restraining real creativity. For example, the most recent one had Patches. It did well on the climb, but the chaotic nature of the tokens made me wipe by turn two of the boss. It was a comp I had never seen before, and now I Know why.

The biggest culprit is the “Attack/damage random enemy/character. I don’t do any PvP in mercs, so it cut off about 15% of the cards I can use at all. I’ve attempted to create multiple other comps that were pretty cool, but one “chaos” card rendered the entire idea useless.

Sparky;

One of your replies mocked me “Ridiculous I say. Ridiculous”.

A couple others lacked logic, or assume I lacked logic. Say you have a caster and are up against 4 elite attackers. It’s logical to use it on your caster than one of the enemy attackers. Waiting until turn two will wipe you. The bleed damage could be the difference between a wipe and clear, considering it will make the enemies target that character, since he/she has the lowest health. The healing won’t be enough at that point to keep up.

Couple of the replies avoided my argument completely with sarcasm. Sarcasm directed towards someone who is asking for help and frustrated; very bad. Sarcasm has it’s place, this is not it.

You have zero self awareness, and sociopaths use these tactics to make others feel bad and inferior in order to make themselves feel good. How much satisfaction did you get out of that? Take some time to think about that. More time than a min or two. Reread my reply if you have to. It might take a little time, but reflecting on it will hit you with enough time.

Thanks for this admission. Would that some others had at least the courtesy to do it.

Never been a particular fan of PvP and not doing it any longer since a certain point, but the game is actually nicer in many aspects nowadays than it used to be, despite everything.

Oh, this might be good. :grinning: So, who exactly is ‘restraining real creativity’ for you and how does this rascal do it? :grinning: Is it so that while others experiment with unconventional parties and have fun, this evil scoundrel smacks you on your forehead with a ruler and tells you, ‘No, you can’t do this, it’s not allowed!’? :grinning:

Yeah, and Naxx has been released, I’ve heard. :smirk: Breaking news, everyone! :turtle: Oh, wait… :roll_eyes:

You’ve gotta be kidding, right? Pirates were one of the strongest parties overall during the ‘Sunken City’ period (and still strong, although there are more alternatives available), when Patches were released, and there are even guides by one ‘Old Guardian’ (a rather popular content creator for Mercs) showcasing them. Of course, I wrote about them, too, for example, but I don’t even see the point of going into it any further. Moreover, it’s actually Patches that made this tribe so incredibly powerful, and the combo with ‘Eye Cap’n’ in particular was one of the most reliable and definitive answers to those dreaded and infamous pre-nerf Doppelgangsters, for example.

Yeah, going with casters againt four elite fighters in the first place is the most obvious and logical choice. :smirk: :rofl: :grinning: Silly me, how coulnd’t I have thought of that?

One more thing: skills can sometimes be used in various ways, not only the way you think they should be, have you thought of that?

Cutthroat Negotiations have some options. The healing part might be a bit awkward after that buff, as I admitted above, which doesn’t mean the whole skill is useless or pointless. If you didn’t get that from the previous post, well, then I don’t see the need to explain it even further.

So, that is how one asks for help? :rofl: Alright, I suppose I’ve gotta make a mental note: one should throw a tantrum, stamp one’s feet and yell ‘Ridiculous!’ — that turns out to be the way one should do it. :grinning:

Yeah, clearly the whole world revolves around you as the sun and your feelings, how else could it be? :smirk: Others, whose role is obviously subordinate, are supposed to shut up and placate you immediately. A more or less normal worldview for an infant, by the way…

:rofl: Look what we’ve got here: someone on their high horse lecturing others thus how base and low they are. Moreover, I’m not certain whether you’d see the irony in this even if you were to take your time. :grinning:

Oof. A lot of assumptions and grandiosity. Good job proving my point.

So how many pirate does it take to be considered a “pirate comp”? 1 or 2? and by who’s definition?

Yeah, there are also characters seeing ‘proof’ of their horoscopes and the like all around them, I won’t even bother with explanations of what’s wrong there… or here. :grinning:

Oh! By that of FRUSTRATED big babies, of course, especially those who consider it beneath them to look up a guide or such — how ridiculous!!111 — if… ahem… someone ‘restrains their creativity’ to build a functional merc party.

Look lady, I don’t write the psychological literature. I just call it out.