Mercenaries Bundles Availability after 12 Oct. release date

I really want to buy the packs. But I can’t quite justify (with myself) buying something sight unseen like this.

We can see the gameplay demo from streamers, sure. But if I were to make a decision based on that, I won’t even touch it even if the game and the bundles were free; it looks bland and boring. It looks like an after-thought mode of HS that reuse assets and stuff from HS for some little side pieces (ala BG). But this is a big new mode with pack-based support for monetization. And we get THAT?

I’m telling myself what I’ve seen is not final and I should wait until I see the final product to make my judgement. But, I don’t want to miss the chance to buy the bundles either. So, what do you guys think?

I would not expect the pre-order bundles to remain available for purchase post launch, the same way you can’t buy the pre-order bundles for regular HS expansions after the expansion launches.

You still have about more than 2 weeks to decide. Maybe more gameplay mechanic will be revealed and hopefully it will help you making decision

Pre ordering is for suckers.

There will be oh so many more bundles post release.

Then don’t, we actually know a lot of information about what the packs actually contain. 3 PlayHearthstone articles link to this Blizzard support page on “Packs”

Additionally some stuff has been datamined, and then Blizzard released some information by updating their PlayHearthstone article with a FAQ.

There’s still stuff we don’t know about, like how often Mercenaries Portraits drop, but we know the crafting and duplicate rates for Mercs (in terms of coins), and their average rate from packs.

We’ve been given a number of 153 Merc Packs and 76500 coins as the number you’ll be able to earn from just the campfire tasks. So completing bounties will only add to that.

I’ve been meaning to make a video on this, as bits and pieces are covered by for eg: Regiskillbin as they are released, but the information is mostly covered well from outof.cards and HearthstoneTopDecks.

Hearthstone Mathematics video sums up most of the earlier information we’ve gotten, but as I said, more information has come out since then.

My personal decision, I’m not pre-ordering. I’m going to play the mode F2P, see if it stands on its own playing for free, and if I really like it, then consider spending money. Same thing that I decided with regular Hearthstone 4 years ago

There will be for sure more and more bundles, considering it’s a new mode and people would like to invest in it if they like it.

Maybe play it without the boost from the pre-order and then, in 1-2 months, buy the next bundle if you like the mode.

This pre-order is basically a “I trust you, so I give you $ in exchange of something cool that other people can’t have this soon”; or does this bundle contain something really exclusive, one-time-only?

Yes keep giving money to a company that is at the heart of one of the biggest scandal’s in any game companies ever.

My thinking is this:

If I saw the game on steam as a stand-alone game with a “buy to own” model for $25, I might pause for a minute and think about buying it. It doesn’t look particularly fun to me, it looks okay but not amazing. There are better games out there for less.

If it was being offered for $50, I would think they are overcharging and keep scrolling.

So WHY pay $50 for it? Only to sign up for paying even more money later? This game worth $25-30 will end up costing people hundreds of dollars.

Blizzard is fully utilizing the FOMO of some people to grab more money. Nothing new. Only question is, are you smart enough to realise it?