Matching system is rigged

Every single time I make a new deck, I always get placed against a MIRROR deck of the same kind. Happens EVERY SINGLE TIME.

8 Likes

Someone should place a warning when installing the game that says: Beware traveler! This game is subject to cruel and capricious chance, no matter how skilled you think you are, chance is in the air, under this premise we let you forge your own destiny… Have fun!
this way we would save ourselves a lot of crys before they digievolve in to the belief that the system is rigged against them…

I can confirm this.

I built a triple frost dk deck just out of curiosity…
Needless to say, I haven’t seen a single triple frost dk for months.

My first opponent was a classic plague dk
but the second was instantly a triple frost dk playing almost exactly the same deck.

It is ridiculous how rigged the matching system is.

4 Likes

Cool story, bro! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do Blizzard employees have to work on Sundays as well?

1 Like

it def feels rigged at times, in both ways though. my final push to legend from d3 was straight wins because nothing countered my deck. then when i reached legend it was 8 straight losses because it was only counterdecks that i havent seen in ages with doodoo draws on my end.
in the end it probably middles out. so even if it is rigged, its a short term thing with a counter-rig coming up shortly

Dunno if they have to, but I can imagine if they want they could, for better hourly rate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mirror matches and mirror decks are a common occurrence in Hearthston! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :point_right: :call_me_hand:

It’s rigged against you personally, as when I switch decks I get matched against the same decks as before.

I notice yall never link your deck lists. It is not uncommon to play mirrors of top legend decks, nor is it uncommon to come across players playing one of the three “suggested” class build decks. Nor is it uncommon to play agaist similarly structured decks. Your claims of this dont hold much merit if you are playing met relevant decks.

Its okay bud, they dont need you to understand how anything works to take from you.

It makes it easier ofc…

when I just let my cat build a deck for me I never run into another deck like it. I must have got myself on some kind of never rig list. I don’t know how that’s possible though I am FTP.

But why though? This would be a kind of rigging that doesn’t benefit either side. Mirror matches go to the more skilled player if there’s a significant skill difference, and it’s just luck if it’s a skill tie.

1 Like

The perennially common argument is that Blizzard is trying to force an average 50% win rate with this rigging. Not that they are trying to disadvantage particular players (though I’m sure some make the latter argument as well).

In that case, this type of rigging would make sense, if the intended effect wasn’t much more easily and straightforwardly achieved by the mmr system. That being said, I’d be a little surprised if the mmr matching didn’t produce some slight increases in the number of mirror matches.

First off, the average winrate is always exactly 50%. If you play a single game, one has 100% one has 0% and the average is 50%. Adding a million more games doesn’t change this. What they really mean is reducing the variance.

Second, as far as reducing the variance from the average, simple matchmaking by skill forces the exact same thing. There’s no need to be sneaky, Blizzard is openly advertising that they use an algorithm (that many other games use) that has exactly the same effect.

2 Likes

Yes yes the game has dropped enough players that modes are just deleted instead of worked on.

And its just 50/50 and thats normal…

All championships have teams arriving in the 50 percentile to play in the big game totally normal…

People with tens of thousands of posts saying how great it all is and totally normal and fine with the ship on fire and hitting the nitros just as the fizz and fuzz of the rapids declare!!! yer on fire bud… look the river is become a waterfall dare you turn back?

weeee off the edge…!!!

“This is fine games fine everything fine only winning 50% of your games is noooooorrmaalllll ahahhhhahahah”

False. I mean, Duels was deleted instead of worked on, but the playerbase has doubled since 3 years ago. The game is gaining players fastest than it’s dropping them, objective fact, go Google active players.

Championship players aren’t normal. People with egos bigger than their abilities are normal.

Even tho many are sad about it… meh right who cares BILLIONS GIMME

of which is a far cry from the mass exodus that occured leading up to… said doubling.

The bots have doubled thats for sure.

1 Like

No one can seriously think that the playerbase is increasing… omg :joy:

Exactly. A huge part of the “playerbase” in the statistics are obviously bots and smurfs.
We can assume that the number of real players is massively decreasing.
Nobody wants to play a rigged solitaire game, everything decided by Blizzard’s fake “rng” algorithm.

1 Like

You’re the one who is absurd. It’s not opinion that the playerbase has doubled over the past 3 years, it’s an objective fact. This is Flat Earth tier behavior on your part.