Mass salvaging is still idiotic after 10 years of this game

When I mass salvage cards for dust if I own a golden version of a card please salvage a non golden version of the card or at least make it an option that non golden cards get salvaged for dust when you own more than 2 copies… 10 years and simple crap like this is not in the game…

Now I will have to go through every single class and see what golden/non golden versions of card I have to salvage. DUMB…

You appear to be referring to Mass Disenchant. Firstly, are you using a translator? Salvage and Disenchant mean very different things.

Second: IMO, you should never use the Mass Disenchant function. Yes, its convenient, but its better to keep the extra cards in your collection, unless you really need the dust right now, in which case you should only disenchant as many cards as you need to. You can always disenchant more cards later.

Anyhoo, you seem to be concerned that Mass Disenchant will destroy golden copies rather than regular copies. However, before you hit the Mass Disenchant button, the game tells you exactly how many cards of each rarity AND quality you will destroy.

I just checked my Mass disenchant page which says I would destroy 1 normal legendary card, plenty of lower rarity normal cards but NO golden cards of any rarity.

I own every epic in Standard, and also have golden copies of some (due to the way duplicate protection works), but it appears that NO golden copies (of any rarity) would be destroyed. So, I’m pretty sure that golden copies are NOT destroyed by Mass Disenchant unless you have more than the maximum usable amount of GOLDEN copies.

I know that in the most recent expansion alone, I have FIVE golden epic cards where I also own 2 normal copies of the card: Window Shopper, Ensmallen, Mystery Egg, Wreck’em and Deck’em and Chemical Spill.

But as I said, my mass disenchant button would not destroy ANY golden cards, which therefore must include those 5 epics. However, I don’t know if it would destroy excess copies of the normal cards where I own golden copies.

Anyhoo, as I said earlier, I wouldn’t recommend using mass disenchant anyway, but its your call.

However, before you do so, I would ask yourself how much dust you would get, and more importantly, how much dust do you need to craft the cards you really want?

To find out, check your mass disenchant page. How many cards will be destroyed, and how many of them are golden?

3 Likes

No my issue is this … if i have 2 golden copies AND 2 regular copies of the same card mass disenchant should give me the option to salvage the 2 extra golden or 2 extra regular cards depending on my choice. But now I literally have to go through my entire collection and check if I have extra beyond 2 regular versions.

1 Like

if you’re using mass disenchant, it’s going to take you only a few extra seconds to find the other extras in your collection. there’s no reason for blizzard to implement your niche need when they want you to want to collect all of the cards because that is the most profitable for them

2 Likes

If yo own 2 gold and 2 normal copies of the same card, NONE of those cards will be destroyed by mass disenchant.

So, if you want to disenchant your golden cards, you cannot do it with mass disenchant, and have to disenchant them 1 card at a time.

Also, I said earlier, its a bad idea to disenchant cards unless you really need to, especially golden copies. If an epic card subsequently gets nerfed, you would be able to DE the golden copy for 1600 dust, but you already dusted it for only 1/4 of that.

Go from normal to premium on the right-hand side tab and select only premium so it shows golden + sig cards only, then type “extra” in the search box. This should show only extra goldens and signatures, which you can manually disenchant but much easier because you only probably have a couple of them.

1 Like

Did you test this?
I mean i’m asking becasue i don’t know.